dogger

SpoonFedTuning One Piece Lower Windscreen Trim Group Buy

Fitted my c/f screen scuttle and my c/f & Kevlar raintray,

The scuttle doesn't need much explaining,just make sure you have some of these at hand,

52848bb9-4f1a-d575.jpg

Part number 535881089

Raintray isn't so straight forward,but not difficult, the wiper bracket needs slightly modifying as Eddie has shown

52848894-4fd2-7ec0.jpg

The cover over the heater motor needs adapting,I did this in situ !

5284f8be-5021-54e5.jpg

Before

52848894-503e-5244.jpg

After

The raintray now fits,to keep it in place I cut some of the clips in half and fixed the tray ready for the rubbers !

52848bee-50bb-c166.jpg

A few pics all put back together,

52848894-5101-70fe.jpg

52848b39-511d-5ba2.jpg

No grinding of the scuttle panel to get your TT wipers to fit,unlike the originals !

They are top quality components,they fit very well. And they not only tidy up under the bonnet,but are functional as well.

The only problem I had is the bonnet earth strap wasn't long enough in its original fitment.!

Really pleased with mine,sorry about pics,blame it on the inclement weather !

Just wanted to check, has my order been sent yet? Looking forward to getting them on :)

All of the orders have been shipped finally. I really appreciate everyone's patience and understanding during this process. The parts should be arriving for some this week and the rest next week. Please post pictures once you get them installed and any feedback is welcome. Hopefully we will get more orders for these RHD specific parts in the near future. Cheers!

Do you still need the cover fitted at all, when the rain tray is going to be fitted over the top? Wondering if it could just be removed rather than having to cut it up.

Its better to keep the original fresh air inlet cover in place on the LHD version to ensure water doesn't make its way inside. I'm not sure on the RHD how the layout is if its needed or not. It won't hurt to retain it though.

Hi, is this a once off, or will the parts be available form now on?

Must admit, I'm very very interested, but due to planning and paying for my wedding at the end of August, can't afford it at this moment in time.

Would look awesome on my midnight blue Rado!! 👍

Hi, is this a once off, or will the parts be available form now on?

Both parts are available for sale. This wasn't limited.

http://spoonfedtuning.myshopify.com/collections/all

Must admit, I'm very very interested, but due to planning and paying for my wedding at the end of August, can't afford it at this moment in time.

Would look awesome on my midnight blue Rado!!

Congrats on the wedding. These parts would look great on midnight blue.

Picked my pair up from the courier earlier, very impressed with how light and rigid they are! Will look forward to getting them on at the weekend :cool:

Can you fit the windscreen trim without the scuttle cover?

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

Yes, JonVr6 has just the trim fitted !

If you go back a couple of pages, he has posted pics !

Picked my pair up from the courier earlier, very impressed with how light and rigid they are! Will look forward to getting them on at the weekend :cool:

Glad you are happy with them. Cheers!

Can you fit the windscreen trim without the scuttle cover?

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

Yes!

Yes, JonVr6 has just the trim fitted !

If you go back a couple of pages, he has posted pics !

Thanks Bryan!

My scuttle cover and lower windscreen trim came today. They look great! Shame it'll be about 6 months before the cars in any sort of state to fit them lol.

Thanks

James

Well, my windscreen trim fit fine (though the top edge doesn't sit very flush with the screen), but the scuttle cover just won't go :( I can only get one of the rubber trim pieces on as the curvature of the panel is totally wrong - the rubber isn't strong enough to hold it into place against the natural curve of the fibreglass.

Here's the left side as it wants to sit with the lower rubber trim fitted:

scuttle-1.jpg

and the right side:

scuttle-2.jpg

If I apply pressure the right side matches up closely enough that the rubber trim piece holds it together:

scuttle-4.jpg

...but the left side is way off!

scuttle-3.jpg

Attempting to squeeze the gap shut just makes the fibreglass squeal so I stopped - felt like the lip at the edge was going to snap off.

Is there something obvious I've done wrong? Not at all impressed as it stands so far :(

Stone

Edited by Stonejag

Look at Bryan's post earlier. Dragon Green. Use the metal clips that were originally on the OE windshield trim and cut the extra tab off. Slide a few of them over the two lips and than slide to rubber seal over. You might need to open up the seal more by using a flat head screwdriver.

Did you grind the corner of the metal wiper bracket? Eddy.h posted a pic on this thread earlier showing where it needs to be trimmed.

---------- Post added at 6:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 6:26 PM ----------

Fitted my c/f screen scuttle and my c/f & Kevlar raintray,

The scuttle doesn't need much explaining,just make sure you have some of these at hand,

52848bb9-4f1a-d575.jpg

Part number 535881089

Raintray isn't so straight forward,but not difficult, the wiper bracket needs slightly modifying as Eddie has shown

52848894-4fd2-7ec0.jpg

5284f8be-5021-54e5.jpg

Before

52848894-503e-5244.jpg

After

The raintray now fits,to keep it in place I cut some of the clips in half and fixed the tray ready for the rubbers !

52848bee-50bb-c166.jpg

A few pics all put back together,

52848894-5101-70fe.jpg

52848b39-511d-5ba2.jpg

No grinding of the scuttle panel to get your TT wipers to fit,unlike the originals !

They are top quality components,they fit very well. And they not only tidy up under the bonnet,but are functional as well.

The only problem I had is the bonnet earth strap wasn't long enough in its original fitment.!

Really pleased with mine,sorry about pics,blame it on the inclement weather !

Read please...

Read please...

There's no need for that thanks, I did read it. You can tell I ground the wiper bracket down because the area that doesn't fit is on the opposite side! I rerouted the bonnet ground strap to give more clearance.

I don't have many clips, how many do you recommend to keep the windscreen trim in place? I used six or so because without them it wasn't sitting right.

There's no need for that thanks, I did read it. You can tell I ground the wiper bracket down because the area that doesn't fit is on the opposite side! I rerouted the bonnet ground strap to give more clearance.

I don't have many clips, how many do you recommend to keep the windscreen trim in place? I used six or so because without them it wasn't sitting right.

^^3 clips ;)

DSC00719.jpg

DSC00724.jpg

DSC00720.jpg

DSC00725.jpg

DSC00726.jpg

Fitted the upper rubber seal too today

You have to open it up a bit (the rubber seal) in order to fit ;)

Edited by ZNick

I can't tell that you ground it from your post, sorry. From your one picture showing the side with the wiper motor sitting up it appears that you didn't grind the bracket. It should not require 6 of the clips to hold the windscreen trim to fit. 3 or 4 at the most if you place them spread out. 3 of the clips should be perfect for holding the two flanges together. One in the middle and one on each end.

I'll have to start again tomorrow then :( Four hours sunk so far, the old trim was glued on.

I agree they look fantastic fitted, just a pain getting them together!

I'll have to start again tomorrow then :( Four hours sunk so far, the old trim was glued on.

I agree they look fantastic fitted, just a pain getting them together!

How did you get on fitting these mate?

It's going to be a while before I can fit mine, but after reading about your problem I'm wondering if I should have a trial fit to make sure there are no issues!

How did you get on fitting these mate?

It's going to be a while before I can fit mine, but after reading about your problem I'm wondering if I should have a trial fit to make sure there are no issues!

It should be straight forward. Only the corner of the wiper bracket needs to be shaved as shown in the pics. That I know of no one else had trouble installing them.

---------- Post added at 11:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 PM ----------

A bit OT, but whilst searching for sill covers, I came accross this thread http://forums.thecarlounge.com/showthread.php?5561840-Door-sills-where-can-you-get-them Any updates on these please?

We are working on them. Hoping by the end of the month we will have them ready to sell but it might be early June.