owen g60

Owens G60 - Work in progress

After having it for a couple of months i have decided to finally put up a thread on the G60.

A few exterior shots

sideview.jpg

side2.jpg

rear.jpg

front2.jpg

front.jpg

driverquarter.jpg

Back end needs some work to remove the rusr behind the rear panel and at the bottom of the arches... other than that not a spec anywhere that i could find

Late heated leather interior

interior.jpg

DDI dials

clocks.jpg

Moved the boost gauge... was zip tied to the A pillar

boostgauge.jpg

A few trim peices need tidying/replacing but an gradually mounting them all up to do in one big hit

Boost return mod fitted last night

boostdel2.jpg

Close up on the charger (stage 4 atm)

boostdel3.jpg

ISV BREATHER FILTER

boostdel1.jpg

boostdel4.jpg

After having terrible wheel wobble i had a look at my top mounts

OLD ONE

just slightly broken:bonk:

topmount2.jpg

What it should look like

topmount1.jpg

Hi like the thread what do you attach to the throttle body?

---------- Post added at 07:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 PM ----------

just noticed you clocks too... just bought the same. do yours light up?

i didnt attach anything to the throttle body... just adjusted the butterfly so that it is open for less time

---------- Post added at 08:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 PM ----------

yes my clocks do light up... both the dials and the digital parts

Just ordered 2 cans of Wurth fuel additive and 2 cans of Wurth injector cleaner... this has been long overdue as it feels a little tired some times on cold starts.

Also checked my boost reading using the MFA... 2390 on the MFA :thumbleft: so glad ive got red top injectors coming as i thought there was something not right... a remap can only do so much for it.

Its going to really fly when i get all the bits together (If JABBA sport ever get back to me about a chip for it :scratch:)

---------- Post added at 06:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 PM ----------

thats about 19/20 psi by my estimates

next part of the project is a Front Mount Intercooler... have decided on a Cosworth one as it is small enough to fit infront of the radiator and behind the front grill with no modification... just need to make up the pipework for it... pics will follow as i do it

Collected my cosworth front mount inter-cooler the other day... also got my pipe work to fit it. All for less than £80 was an absolute bargain.

when my cross-member comes back from being blasted and plated im going to fit it all in one go.

New 68mm pulley coming from Gwerks as mine went walkabouts when i had the belts and pulley changed (garage changed all of them and all the belts) thought they would have spotted the difference between the old and new

Also made up a headlight loom kit and mounted it in a sealed box so it cant get wet

Hopefully it can all be done this weekend

New spec headlight switch in place now :)

Finally managed to fit the new cross member, was far easier than i thought it was going to be.

New 68mm pulley and belt fitted, feels so much more alive now ive done it (again)

FMIC was a fail as the slam panel gets in the way of it and i dont want to cut into it. Will have to re-think this one.

Managed to shear the banjo bolt for the charger whilst changing the copper washers due to it weeping :(, was lucky that it just unscrewed by hand... nowhere stocked one near me so it was into the shed to machine a replacement... all is good now so no down time for once :).

Recieved my old spec sunroof motor today after months of trying to get one relatively cheap.

First Aid kit should be here soon (old one got nicked at a car show).

Finally a full clean out and wax and polish to make me feel better about it. Off to the body shop on friday to repair the N/S arch after a numpty reversed into me

Fitted my new sunroof motor... now have full back and forwards motion and tilt :)

First aid kit is now in the arm rest... thanks skinnyman9000 for that.

On a quick drive from the shops heard a loud pop and a near complete loss of boost.... feared my charger had blown up.

Turns out the boost pressure (about 1.4-1.5 bar) had blown the pipe from my throttle body to the intercooler clean off the inter cooler end... will go fit that back on once its cooled down a bit

pipe now re-fitted, all others checked.

Thought something looked odd... turned out i have a BBM RSR outlet on the charger instead of the standard silencer box :D

though i would add a couple of pics of the newest addition to the supercharged family :cheers:

Was bought as a bit of fun...Triumph Rocket III

IMG_0322.jpg

and if you cant spot the charger yet :shrug:

IMG_0323.jpg

and for the super blind :bonk:

IMG_0324.jpg

im sure i saw a dyno print out in the box of reciepts for it

approx 280 bhp ant the wheel if what i have been told is correct:dance:

Edited by owen g60

Close to me there is a dealership wh had a demo day, and there's one guy who all the time entertained the crowd by wheeling forth and back on this supercharged model ;)

Cheers,

Redfox.

Big disaster last night...

stopped at some lights, my coolant light started flashing and my temperature spiked big time... before i could kill the engine the cabin was filled with steam and my feet with boiling water.

Heater matrix is goosed... turns out the fan had died on the same journey causing the high temperature and the weakest point obviously gave out.

have bypassed the matrix for now and as the journey to work is short i am running with out a fan until i can collect one tomorrow, ordered the heater matrix too.

Hope to get it all fitted tomorrow afternoon.

5284f961-1a6d-346e.jpg

Old and new heater matrix.

Turns out GSF do oem ones :)

5284f963-1aa5-0ba8.jpg

Hole that water exited from

Edited by owen g60

5284d79a-829a-a9ae.jpg5284d79a-82b8-e4cf.jpg5284d5dd-82d5-6c0e.jpg

Have had an adaptor made to aid my pursuit for a complete refit of all the charger pipework.

It is going on the boost return side.

Just waiting on the isv re-route and oil breather adaptors to be made aswell.

Then should be able to fit a TD5 intercooler and full metal pipework set :)

Only a small update.

All the silicone pipes I need have now arrived. Just waiting on my isv reroute and oil breather pipe to be fabricated... TD5 FMIC should be in when these are made.52085f9b-d672-4275.jpg

Last of the silicone.

Have gone for something different with the rocker cover ... A big G one I chanced upon the other day. Will attempt to do it all at once.

Then just have the Audi 80 VDO dials to figure out

Gauges now built and wiring harness made.

52085f9b-1e62-6c34.jpg

Removed the oil pressure and fitted a boost one instead

52085f9b-1e9f-fe0b.jpg

Wiring in place

52085f9b-1ec1-e22c.jpg

Had to use a different connector due to having no original loom. Brown connector will go to oil temp sender

All in all a good afternoons work