owen g60

Owens G60 - Work in progress

cheers for the comments guys... it doesnt look as good when you get up close due to the amount of stone chips in the front.

Still look loads better than when i bought it the paint was so dull and had cobwebs in everything... think it had been sat up for a while.

It has taken me the best part of a year to get it to where it is now and considerably more money than i paid for it... all being said the running problems have all been ironed out and damaged trim parts all replaced so it now does look pretty respectable compared to a few i have seen around by me.

Adbul i will get some more pics up soon as i take them.

Most will be meeting at about 8. I won't be there till 9 as I have a parents evening to go to first.

Swing by my place for about 8:45 and I should be good to go

ok if im still sober might be into a bottle of wine by then just have to stick to the pop!

Changed my topmounts and droplinks yesterday.

The guy who did them decided to remove my struts to do it which put all my camber and tracking out.

Had a word with the garage that did it and the owner let me come in today when they were closed and rectify it.

Didnt use any laser alignment rig... old school camber jig and tracking irons... got the camber bang on 0 degrees and both wheels at 0 degree track never had it handle so well, no pulling on the road, no ARB knocking :)

will probably never use 4 point alignment again going to get myself the jigs required and do it myself in the garage.

another lesson learned about letting garages do work... the guy who did it wasnt even going to tell me that i had to get my camber re-done :(

even got the labour costs refunded too

Interesting read. I gad my wheel and steering set up done too, and I also have no more front arb knocking. So 2 out of 2. Not bad at all.

Cheers,

Redfox.

Not sure what caused the issue... still get a few odd sounds but think its the lower ball joints that need doing next... will pair them with new track rod ends and that will be all the suspension components front and read replaced :)

Maybe you did not tighten the track arm bolts to 160 Nm as per Bentley? Read somewhere, that this can give some funky sounds from underneath.

I'd say the few money I spent on the wheel alingment, is some of the best money I've ever given out on a car ;) Raised the driving fun and limit a lot.

Cheers,

Redfox.

Spent the afternoon giving it a good wash and polish.

The pics speak for themselves really

IMG_0535.jpg

IMG_0536.jpg

IMG_0537.jpg

IMG_0538.jpg

IMG_0539.jpg

IMG_0540.jpg

IMG_0542.jpg

IMG_0543.jpg

and a quick clean up inside too

IMG_0541.jpg

IMG_0544.jpg

IMG_0545.jpg

Ah, I think I can see 1 little speck of dust flying over from the neighbour towards your Corrado ;)

Very nice. Nah, REALLY nice ;)

Cheers,

Redfox.

Not much done recently.

I do have the upper strut brace fitted :)

52085f9b-a92a-6267.jpg

Also got new wipers fitted.

Used mk4 ones. Had to switch them round due to the lengths, as they were 21 inch and 19 inch respectively.

So 19 inch on driver side 21 on passenger.

The passenger one just clears the windscreen trim.

Cost me £20 for Bosch aero ones from gsf

Finally got all the bits I need for the front end refurb.

52085f9b-a166-d9c8.jpg

Passenger drive shaft completely built.

Both wishbones with ball joints

Both track rods

Praying for decent weather tomorrow do I can get it all in.

Postman brought me a nice present today :)

52085f9b-6613-6bf5.jpg

New pintles baskets and o rings fitted ready to fit when I get a chance

Hi Owen,

Looks like the G's coming along nicely,

just wondering where you got the injectors from or what part number they are, also are you going to have to get a new chip to compensate for them?

Cheers,

John

Owen,

Your Corrado is way too nice to be drivin it, because VW's of today will envy you your nice Corrado. They have nothing of interest these days on their programme. Just boring family pushers. Tell me why on Earth should anyone buy a new VW (apart from airbags), when they may have a Corrado which is SOOOOO much better driving and a LOT nicer?

Good job.

Cheers,

Redfox.

Hi Owen,

Looks like the G's coming along nicely,

just wondering where you got the injectors from or what part number they are, also are you going to have to get a new chip to compensate for them?

Cheers,

John

I found them on eBay.

I searched for "red injectors" found a few and asked what the part number on them was.

0280 150 945 is the part number you require.

I'll redo the map on the road when my friend is free... He will use the base map and tweak as necessary... I've had pretty good results so far doing this

Owen,

Your Corrado is way too nice to be drivin it, because VW's of today will envy you your nice Corrado. They have nothing of interest these days on their programme. Just boring family pushers. Tell me why on Earth should anyone buy a new VW (apart from airbags), when they may have a Corrado which is SOOOOO much better driving and a LOT nicer?

Good job.

Cheers,

Redfox.

I do get a few looks as the g-lader isn't exactly what you would call quiet.

As for driving it as a daily. I have never had a second car and I don't see the need to.

My dad gets asked the same question about his triumph rocket 3 which has a rotrex charger on it... Approx 290 bhp at the wheel as he also uses it every day regardless of the weather.

I would rather have something I enjoy and use than it sat in a garage gathering dust hoping for a few sunny days.

Yes, I get that. What I meant was your Corrado is very nice, and way over a new vw from their boring range of today.

For me personally, it's very impratical to drive every day. I'd rather bicycle to and from job. Faster, easier and fun too. Other than that, I think it's meant to be used.

Cheers,

Redfox.