ChrisL

Blackberry VR6...BBS RS301's -SOLD!

Finally got round to changing the Inlet manifold over and loosing some of the 'bling'.:

Engine3.jpg

still to decide wether to paint the engine cover to match the manifold or leave as is.

Also, pick up my red HT leads tomorrow so will post a better pic when I fit them on Sunday.

My daughter bought these for me for Christmas:

Numberplates.jpg

Next job in the Holidays is to fit the refurbed speedlines and raise the suspension a little.

Much better, nice touches with the intake and plates (ditch the strut caps:geek:) Will you please measure the ride height once Speedlines are on and take a couple of pics for reference please.

Lovely. Yes I think engine cover would benefit from being the same colour.

Yeah, I agree. Its getting painted tomorrow.

Much better, nice touches with the intake and plates (ditch the strut caps:geek:) Will you please measure the ride height once Speedlines are on and take a couple of pics for reference please.

Strut caps are gone already. Did they have any caps on from new? the black parts under the chrome have a VW part number on them.

No probs, I'll let you know - your not going back to speedlines are you?. Does anyone know the standard ride height of a Corrado on 15's?

8 feet

Cheeky :)

Chris where were the number plates from???? I Like as mine came from merlins too in 1999 but not certain if they were the supplying dealers but be nice to have some of those.

perfect corrado, look after it.

Was lucky enough to see this corrado when Bill had it, i was shocked how clean it was, its a real 10 out of 10 car for me

No probs, I'll let you know - your not going back to speedlines are you?. Does anyone know the standard ride height of a Corrado on 15's?

I have considered changing from 312s to 288s to give me the option of running Speedlines but i'm interested to see your ride height to compare how it loooks on Speedlines and 301s at the same ride height.(for hassle free switching) This of course would mean I could also sell the Compomotives if I needed to.

Finished engine pics:

IMG-20120101-00086.jpg

IMG-20120101-00087.jpg

Cheeky :)

Chris where were the number plates from???? I Like as mine came from merlins too in 1999 but not certain if they were the supplying dealers but be nice to have some of those.

The plates where from Passion Restoration Products. Bill said the car was originally from the main dealer near him but looking through the service book and speaking with VW, it more then likely came from Merlins. The plates are spot on quality and they make window stickers and tax disc holders too but not sure whether to fit them or not (mike stick with the Corrado club tax disc holder). I was a bit miffed with PRP as I ordered plates begining of December and they promised me them for Christmas, I got them on the 29th Dec. They had great communication until I sent payment!!!

I have considered changing from 312s to 288s to give me the option of running Speedlines but i'm interested to see your ride height to compare how it loooks on Speedlines and 301s at the same ride height.(for hassle free switching) This of course would mean I could also sell the Compomotives if I needed to.

I measured the car on the RS's and front was 585mm and the rear 600mm (measured from floor through the centre of the wheel to the bottom of the wheel arch).

I then put the speedlines on and the measurement hasn't changed, still 585mm and 600mm. Not sure whether to raise it 20mm or so as I arent sure on the ride height at the moment.

Pictures as promised (bit crappy as my camera doesnt take good shots in the garage and it was raining outside), I'll take better ones when it comes out:

IMG-20120101-00091.jpg

IMG-20120101-00096.jpg

Out of interest, what height does yours run at?

The plates are spot on quality and they make window stickers and tax disc holders too but not sure whether to fit them or not (mike stick with the Corrado club tax disc holder).

If you'd like it I have an original Merlin tax disk holder. They're my local dealer, still there but part of Gilders now, and supplied my old valver.....I must have replaced it with a CCGB one at some time before I swapped it for the VR in 2000.

PM me your address and I'll stick it in the post.

I think the ride height you have there looks superb on both the Speedlines and RS and I would definately see how it runs like that, that height is far more becoming of a sports coupe that the late factory ride height which sadly is rediculous for such a car, there are 4x4 with a smaller arch gap. I'm running 10mm lower both front and rear than you but again wouldn't want to go lower and totally spoil ride and handling for the sake of so called stance.

I think the PRP products are great, pleased with mine too. Such a lot of love for this car, becoming ever closer to a Blackberry version of my own with the fact it has my old RS and same tyres especially with the under bonnet changes too, love it!

If you'd like it I have an original Merlin tax disk holder. They're my local dealer, still there but part of Gilders now, and supplied my old valver.....I must have replaced it with a CCGB one at some time before I swapped it for the VR in 2000.

PM me your address and I'll stick it in the post.

Cheers that would be great thanks. PM coming your way...

I think the ride height you have there looks superb on both the Speedlines and RS and I would definately see how it runs like that, that height is far more becoming of a sports coupe that the late factory ride height which sadly is rediculous for such a car, there are 4x4 with a smaller arch gap. I'm running 10mm lower both front and rear than you but again wouldn't want to go lower and totally spoil ride and handling for the sake of so called stance.

I think the PRP products are great, pleased with mine too. Such a lot of love for this car, becoming ever closer to a Blackberry version of my own with the fact it has my old RS and same tyres especially with the under bonnet changes too, love it!

Cheers Gareth, I couldn't go lower due to bump on the road to my house and also slope on my drive! Thanks for the compliments, Bill put a lot of work into the car and hopefully I can continue to improve on it and bring it to the same level as yours! Hopefully we can get them together at shows this year.

Cheers that would be great thanks. PM coming your way...

PM replied to, tax disk holder posted!

Chris, that car is simply stunning :thumbleft:

Whats the story with the seats (sorry if i've missed that) are they re-trimmed corrado seats or from a different vehicle if you dont mind me asking?

Chris, that car is simply stunning :thumbleft:

Whats the story with the seats (sorry if i've missed that) are they re-trimmed corrado seats or from a different vehicle if you dont mind me asking?

Cheers, The seats were factory fitted to some corrados and these have been retrimmed to match the rears.

Finally got the car out the garage since fitting the winter wheels and took some pictures with my phone.

IMG-20120109-00121.jpg

IMG-20120109-00119.jpg

IMG-20120109-00123.jpg

Had a couple of people from work saying how they like my new wheels much better then the old ones!!!

I see you've put the RSs up for sale Chris :suprised: shame as they looked perfect on the car

Not sure its the right thing yet. Really fancy some RH ZW1's with a little bit of dish at the back, maybe 8.5" wide and stick with the 205 tyres for a little stretch look.

Also, got the bumper to repair and maybe if I can afford it a stainless steel exhaust.