Portent

For sale section in need of a tidy up

I've noticed there appear to be a lot of old ad's still active in the For Sale section. For example the original ad for my car is still there (http://the-corrado.net/classifieds.php?do=viewitem&itemid=337). Now I know this ad is dead because I bought the car nearly 4 months ago. I also assume that some of the parts for sale ad's must also be dead.

The problem is that sellers need to mark their items as sold to expire them off the forum.. how are we to know what has sold and what hasn't if the original posters of the adverts don't update the adverts?

Yes I understand. Maybe enforce a 90 day expiry period (similar to the old system)?

---------- Post added at 06:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 PM ----------

dont mention the for sale section as you might get banned lol

Haha yes I knew I was taking my life into my hands :)

Don't worry.. the classified system is going to get overhauled. We have taken the hostility towards it onboard!

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

loadsasmilies.gif

Not sure yet.. it's still work in progress.

It's impossible to keep everyone happy unfortunately mate so inevitably someone will get their nose put out of joint!

Don't worry.. the classified system is going to get overhauled. We have taken the hostility towards it onboard!

Horray! Have really missed the ability to bump threads.

Also, there's a VR6 on there at the moment, which I had a good look around the other day. It would've been so helpful for prospective buyers to know info about it before viewing.. I miss open threads.

that's great news, thanks to you Jim and the other mods for agreeing in spite of the ballache it causes you, it definitely adds a dimension to the classifieds which doesn't exist on other sites.

i'm looking forward to browsing already :)

Well - we're not saying it'll necessarily go back to threads being discussions... but that Classifieds are changing. I'm not going to make any promises on what they'll look like yet!

I think that in return for being able to advertise on here, people should show their apreciation and at least up date their advert to say sold! It only takes a minute or two. And it would save me wasting my time on things that are sold. Putting your email in an advert would be a big help too!