tony_ack

Meguiars G220 Dual Action machine polisher - STILL AVAILABLE!

I am selling my machine polisher. It is a Meguiars G220 DA polisher, which is great for beginners. It's the v1 which is no longer available. It's not got a couple of the features of the v2 (e.g. pressure sensitive speed control) but is still an excellent machine

The polisher has been used a few times on my own car only, so has seen little use. It comes in a plastic case with handle (and attachment bolts/allen key), full size backing plate, and also an additional small backing plate for the smaller (and more convenient) 3.5" pads.

Although the machine is in excellent condition, I have misplaced the spanner needed to change the backing plates, however any thin 15mm spanner will work.

Sale due to the fact I'm upgrading to a rotary.

I really don't know how much this is worth as you don't see many for sale, but as a guide I bought it for £120, and the V2 sells for around £160 new. I'm going to have a stab in the dark and say I want £65, offers may be considered.

Collection from Sheffield preferred, but I can price up postage if required (suspect it will be about £10)

Edited by tony_ack

Can i check funds and get back to you Tony? I'll be in Derby on Thursday so may be able to collect then if that suits?

Bargain mate!

D'oh! Oh well, I'd be happy to get the £65 for it.

Can i check funds and get back to you Tony? I'll be in Derby on Thursday so may be able to collect then if that suits?

Yep, you have first dibs, let me know.

If anyone does electronics I have a dead 220 you are welcome to for the cost of postage. It just stopped one day, tried replacing the bushes but no joy.

Sent from my HTC Desire

If anyone does electronics I have a dead 220 you are welcome to for the cost of postage. It just stopped one day, tried replacing the bushes but no joy.

Sent from my HTC Desire

Does it not have a warranty?

might just pick that up from you next time i'm in Farnborough, if thats ok?

Yeah sure, it's at my parents atm but next time I'm there I'll stick it in the boot of the car. It might be dead dead but if you know how to fix it or want it for parts it's yours.

Does it not have a warranty?

I bought it off ebay 'used once' which I don't doubt, it was like new. Worked fine for about 6 months then just stopped one day. I didn't have the original receipt and I think it was just over 1 year old by that time.

Not at the moment - Still have it but need to arrange a time with Hasan to drop it off/pick it up.

This is now avaialble again as Hasan hasn't had time to collect, and another guy local to me has messed me about.

Note that I can't find the large backing plate, but you will be able to get a Monza one off eBay for about £7 which will fit. Also, to compensate for the lack of a large backing plate, I am including three spot pads for the smaller backing plate, and also some sample sizes of Meguiars 105 and Autosmart Restore R1 (enough for at least 1 car), so you will have everything you need to get started!!

I've checked the weight and I should be able to post for £10 via Royal Mail standard parcels.

So it is £65 collected

Or £75 posted

Good point - it was a while ago, but only fair... I'll drop him a PM

Give him first refusal and no hard feelings if he wants it.