VW_OwneR_85

Non-sunroof models??

what are the chances of me finding a black corrado vr6 with no sunroof?

or any corrado with no sunroof for that matter?

i think next year sometime im gona be on the look out for another corrado,

i realy dont want a sunroof and my fav colour for a car is black!!

Edited by CazzaVR

I've come across 2 sunroofless Cs in about 10 months of advert scanning. One is Wullies - I think it's a 1.8 16V H reg, the other is a burgundy VR6 which was on ebay last December/January that I was very tempted by, but was semi committed to the C I now have. It went for something like £1200 and reappeared on PH for about £2500 in the summer. Similarly, I'd like a sunroofless- I never use it and it's just something else that rattles. Had a 1990 Elan which I nearly always drove with the roof down unless it was raining, and - without wanting to start a debate on the subject - now don't see the point in an s/r.

So if you have a very specific spec in mind the chances are slim. Not many black Cs around.

Some people have put carbon fibre roof panels on their Cs. Are they 'easy' to swap?

D

There was a chap at Beaulieu who'd swapped his roof for a carbon one - that would be the easiest way. Still not very easy!

The sunroof really grows on you in the summer - especially if you have leather! Baking otherwise... :icecream:

You could always weld the sunroof shut ! I've seen it done on other cars,it's getting harder to find the non-sunroof headlinings though !

Why not just not use it !

The sunroof really grows on you in the summer - especially if you have leather! Baking otherwise... :icecream:

Summer? I live in Scotland now...

i have no sunroof on mine and it has keep fit windows!

mine is also an early one but have never seen another without a sunshine roof!

just realised i posted this in memebers gallery, was supposed to be in general car chat {mod please move if you see this}

yea i know what you mean its fine as it is, but next year im gona be on the look out for a "keeper" and i realy dont want a sunroof,

iv only seen a handful about, dont know about the carbon roof thing, i did think about that as my current one has rust bubbling around

the top corners of the windscreen but i dont have the skill to fit a new roof and theres noway i can afford to have a roof fitted at a bodyshop, might aswell buy another corrado if thats the case as the bill wouldnt be far off.

i have a black non-sunroof one,its a g60 conversion was a valver

not for sale though as i have had it a year and not even drove it yet as in the garage still being put right as was a rubbish conversion,but many pennies later should be put right

I've spoken to a guy and seen his 88 F reg lhd in black. Looks great and only 100k on it. Now that's a keeper!

My wife's black N reg 8v has no sunroof, I must admit I'd prefer it to have one, I've always liked driving on a nice day with the roof open.

My H reg 16 valve doesn't have a sunroof, I prefer it cause I have had cars in the past with sunroofs and rarely used them. Plus if you ain't got one nothing can go wrong with it.

I just bought a VR6 and it doesnt have a sunroof, its a 1994 reg

Was that the burgundy one on ebay? Saw that and was tempted. A good price and seems to have had some good stuff done.

Was that the burgundy one on ebay? Saw that and was tempted. A good price and seems to have had some good stuff done.

Yeah that was me lol, picking it up on Saturday, hope it is as good as it looked. The large history helped sway me as my valver has next to none...