fla

have i wired the speakers wrongly?

Adjusted the fader to the back of the car and got some much improved bass as compared to the front door pods - strange. This is with the 4x6s on the shelf supports. Any reason for the fronts to sound so poor? I am assuming that the outputs from the amps have gone to the wrong speakers (although it was over a year ago that i installed the system). Any suggestions?

I have Audioscapes and rainbow speakers with the normal dash tweeters.

Do you have a dedicated amp or is it all powered via the headunit? If so, do you have front crossovers installed?

The standard tweeters have a basic crossover installed - it could be that you wired up to this incorrectly? Do you know whether you got any sound from the door speakers?

If you have a dedicated amp, then you may want to power the rainbows via the amp, and the tweeters from the head unit.

Tony - its all via the head unit at present. Sound is coming from all speakers itsd just that the door speakers dont have that much depth as compared to the rear ones, although they are 6.5". Its a Kenwood 729 with a separate 'brain' which makes the wiring a llittle more complex plus i have a Parrot handsfree installed, so i'm a bit lost... would have been good to have met up last week, could have picked your brains on this!

Check your phasing on your speakers. If the bass changes when you fade or balance that typically means that you have either speakers out of phase electrically or acoustically. Make sure all of your speakers are wired properly with positive and negative speaker leads.