emu

WTF ?? grrrrrrrrrrrrrr - LEGAL ADVISE NEEDED

Yep they aint cheap , agree with what your saying bout the excess but better than you payin out that massive amount .

I did contact autoglass today but they wasn't able to give me a price straight away and asked me to call again in the morning. I will go there tomorrow with quote in my hands and will see what they are willing to do. If they refuse what I'm thinking to do is:

- Report them on police

- Fix it from my insurance but won't be better to solve it with insurance without involving police ?? I have to pay 50 quid only and can tell them it just cracked when was driving over the big pothole or whatever, windscreen had stone chip and small crack already but now has cracks across whole screen.

---------- Post added at 12:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 AM ----------

P.S I'm not going to do anything with a dog.

report it to the Police,you then get a crime report number and that should satisfy your insurance's windscreen cover terms and conditions,that way you'll only have to pay the glass excess which is normally between £50 and £60 without affecting any NCD/NCB,you can't try and charge them nearly £1k on something that you can get fixed easily enough for under £100,as for the paintwork issues,if its the blackberry or green coloured Corrado thats normally parked in Ferrier/Sandilands area,then there is an issue of betterment,ie the condition wasnt really mint pre incident,so you are actually benefitting from the work done,sorry if this sounds harsh but Ive seen both the cars in daylight

Can't you speak to the parents and get them to pay your access? Don't forget that your next insurance quote wil be higher maybe they could compensate that as well. At least you wont be worse off financially. Gutted for you BTW.

you can't try and charge them nearly £1k on something that you can get fixed easily enough for under £100,as for the paintwork issues,if its the blackberry or green coloured Corrado thats normally parked in Ferrier/Sandilands area,then there is an issue of betterment,ie the condition wasnt really mint pre incident,so you are actually benefitting from the work done,sorry if this sounds harsh but Ive seen both the cars in daylight

Agree on the excess issue. A County Court would say you are being unreasonable if you took it there.

Your best best is to level with them, say you will claim for the screen on insurance and do them a favour. Get a quote for the bodywork and again say something along the lines of, "I will get some other bits done at the same time, therefore I have saved you £XX amount here too". If you go in saying, "I want £2000 to fix my car" you will probably get nowhere.

Why will it cost you more than your windscreen excess of £50 or £100 to get your screen done?

Body-damage wise I'd go along the route of claiming on insurance and asking them (the family) to pay your excess, you can't say further than that.

Failing that I'd make their lives very miserable. No excuse for it, its not the kids fault, entirely the parent's.

Some update, unfortunatelly not so god. I've been talking with the neighbours and I offered them if they pay my windscreen eccess and they cover my premium rise + bit for a paint damage I will forget about all situation. I was asking for 250 pounds where my windscreen eccess is 100 so I will have 150 quid to cover my premium rise + some paint spray to fix damage on paint myself. Thought fair enough, they say same thing and pay day soupos to be yesterday, Friday. When I've contacted them she told me that she won't pay till I will report it on police, but what for, I've tried to avoid them any problems with police but ok, if she want it, she will get it so... Everything was reported on police todays morning and I'm waithing on crime reference number. Contacted neighbours that it been done and now she is saying that she won't pay and she want to sort it on legal way so in court. Not a problem but what should I do now ?? Is it worth it ?? What court should I go ?? Basicly I need new windscreen what I can do for 100 quid from insurance + further premium rise and front + rear bumper + bonnet + roof hase scrathes to the primar so 4 panels need respray, paintwork is not great so I can do it myself but not willing to let them go wigout any punish. My offer was very fair in my opinion. Any advice, pleae ???

I don't have any advise for you Emu that the others haven't already given ....... but I'm raging just reading this thread.

I hate scumbags who breed ...... if you want I will come round and eat his dog.

I would put everything in writing, keep a copy and send it to them recorded so you have proof of delivery. State what happened, the damage caused and estimated cost of repairs. Put down what the offer was that they rejected, then maybe get a couple of quotes from local garages as to what it would cost to get it all sorted properly, which would reinforce how reasonable your offer was, plus the crime number (and put in that you only approached the police at their request). Then you just use the small claims track of your county court - all the info's here but you could try your local citizen's advice bureau. Normally they recommend not doing any repairs until you've got an agreement as to who pays for what, but if you haven't got anything else to drive that may be a problem so I'd probably get the windscreen done so you can drive it, then stick a bit of primer on the paint damage to protect it until you can get it sorted. They're probably hoping you'll just give up and go away so don't give up! :) Good luck with it, anyway.

Stone

Actually your best bet may be to simply let justice take its course. Report the crime, get the insurance to pay for everything, but make absolutely sure that the insurance company knows who did the deed. It's then in the insurance company's ball park and they have the option of suing the family of the kid to get their costs back. That would be MUCH worse for them than the offer you made. This doesn't necessarily help - you still lose out with your excess and future insurance costs (unless the insurer succesfully gets their money back at least).

And I wouldn't write down the offer you made to them, either. It's not strictly speaking legit..

If I recall once the criminal damage is proved in court. They will make an order for the compensation ie the cost of the damage against the parents who will then as has been said before probably pay weekly. Your only option is to make a claim on your insurance and take the hit. Really sorry for you but that is life these days.

Also I know we were all only joking about the dog cos WTF did it do. Leave the poor thing alone its bad enough that it has to live with a scumbag family.

Again i cant advise anymore then whats already been said. But may be their car will "mysteriously be damaged"

if only they had one, decided to go threw insurance claim, will call them tomorrow and ask what are the options and how much it cost me going that route as can't be bother going to court with somebody who can't afford to pay for the damage anyway. I hope insurance will take them outside court to make their money back and it will cost them as much as possible. I was very patient and reasonable about whole situation but their crossed the line. If somebody is telling me they will pay and make me wait more than two weeks on money and then basically tells me to **** off on the pay day will pay as much as possible for that.

Damn these scumbag types, my parents would have killed me if I had done something like that as a kid!!

Shame your so far away Emu overwise I would offer you the screen from the remains of my valver although christ knows how I would get it out in one peice.

I would still take them to the small claims court to recover your excess and to make their life as inconvenient as possible. It's only around £35 I think (may have gone up a bit). I took a cyclist to court once and they settled a week before the court date.

Damn these scumbag types, my parents would have killed me if I had done something like that as a kid!!

Shame your so far away Emu overwise I would offer you the screen from the remains of my valver although christ knows how I would get it out in one peice.

Thanks for offer but I still have a good windscreen in my green shell but its very hard to take it out in one piece, last one I've tried cracked when cutting out last corner.

if only they had one, decided to go threw insurance claim, will call them tomorrow and ask what are the options and how much it cost me going that route as can't be bother going to court with somebody who can't afford to pay for the damage anyway. I hope insurance will take them outside court to make their money back and it will cost them as much as possible. I was very patient and reasonable about whole situation but their crossed the line. If somebody is telling me they will pay and make me wait more than two weeks on money and then basically tells me to **** off on the pay day will pay as much as possible for that.

Good luck mate, hope it goes as smooth as it possibly can for you.

I hate people like this, they need to take responsibility for their kids actions. grrr makes my blood boil.

I would still take them to the small claims court to recover your excess and to make their life as inconvenient as possible. It's only around £35 I think (may have gone up a bit). I took a cyclist to court once and they settled a week before the court date.

Will phone my insurance tomorrow but still considering this option, 35 pounds is nothing so might do this but still waiting on crime reference number form police.

Bear in mind that as soon as you let your insurance know they will hike your premium. This will be the case even if they recover the full amount from the neighbours because statistically you're a higher risk.

Bear in mind that as soon as you let your insurance know they will hike your premium. This will be the case even if they recover the full amount from the neighbours because statistically you're a higher risk.

I know about it but my insurance is 190 quid a year so even if my premium goes up by 50% is still worth it. Had a good think about everything once again. I can phone insurance any time so will take them to small claim court first asa I will get crime reference number from police.

Sounds like she's doing exactly what happened in my situation. You take her to court, she pleads poverty and the court make her pay £1.50 a month for the next 10 years.... :(