I've been tidying up my engine bay over the last couple of days as it looked a bit sh!tty !

[ATTACH]75129[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]75130[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]75131[/ATTACH][ATTACH]75132[/ATTACH]

I was thinking of doing the rest of the engine plastics in blue aswell?

What ya think? :)

Ben

Looking good. Something that i could do as well. Any special kind of paint used?

Cheers mate

I used some halfords high temp silver on the manifold and normal car paint on the plastics.

Nasty one Ben.

If these are the same Hoses I had on when I owned the car, I had exactly the same thing happen to me, You can see the damage on the pic below. The main hose ruptured in the same way. and the smell of coolant was always there, as if the coolant was somehow seeping out of microscopic pore holes in the hose.

BTW the car is looking excellent. Its great to know it is being cherished in a way I didn't have the time or knowledge to.

I just ordered some roose ones, only bought the top and bottom rad hose, but starting to think i should of just ordered the 8 hose set.

Nasty one Ben.

If these are the same Hoses I had on when I owned the car, I had exactly the same thing happen to me, You can see the damage on the pic below. The main hose ruptured in the same way. and the smell of coolant was always there, as if the coolant was somehow seeping out of microscopic pore holes in the hose.

BTW the car is looking excellent. Its great to know it is being cherished in a way I didn't have the time or knowledge to.

Oh dear! You don't have the receipt by any chance do ya zippy?

Hi guys

I had a slight misfire for about a week, I put it down to maybe the fuel filter or pump as I've never changed the filter and heard they can misfire if blocked!

Changed the filter and checked the pump and all was fine so next up to check was plugs/leads/dizzy....

I pulled a lead off the dizzy while the engine was running and nothing changed. I removed that plug and it didn't look good!

Covered in black stuff and the insulation around the bottom was cracked.....definitely the problem :(

I only changed the plugs a few months ago when I did the chains so don't know how they've got this bad!

Any ideas?

Also my key fob stopped working last night which is annoying! It resets the battery every time I unlock it. I'll check the fuses tonight as my cabin light doesn't work either!

Oh yeah and a parcel shelf strap broke yesterday aswell :(

Oh dear! You don't have the receipt by any chance do ya zippy?

Sorry mate. Even if I did have the receipt still, I doubt it would do any good, I bought them in 2006, and the car has done at least 50k since then.

Is it one plug more oily than others or all the same?

Sorry mate. Even if I did have the receipt still, I doubt it would do any good, I bought them in 2006, and the car has done at least 50k since then.

Is it one plug more oily than others or all the same?

Yea true! Well I haven't had a reply yet anyway!

It was just on one!

Hi guys

I haven't been on here much lately because of changing jobs and forgetting my password!

utu3yqe5.jpg

The estorils I got from a member on here have been fitted.

my8yze3u.jpg

She hit 150,000

Hi guys

I haven't been on here much lately because of changing jobs and forgetting my password!

utu3yqe5.jpg

The estorils I got from a member on here have been fitted.

my8yze3u.jpg

She hit 150,000

Just logged back in for the first time in a year or so, god I miss my old car. Have you still got it?

Just logged back in for the first time in a year or so, god I miss my old car. Have you still got it?

me too! yeah ive still got her :) , still driving it daily!

Its long overdue some love so hopefully ill get some time to get on here and update as I go :)

UPDATE!!!

I've finally finished building and fitting my wheels!!! And that's about it....

The car has been pretty much faultless apart from a slight misfire from time to time, which I cured yesterday with a new set of plugs.

Had the manifold off for a clean while I was at it, along with the isv.

Runs lovely now :)

273f90dec6cbbd5053903bf4c7503127.jpg

So I picked these up late last year, all in pretty bad condition. Faces were chipped and scratched, barrels badly corroded and centre nuts chiseled off!!

4af85f0f3413f4b84c4b7f9693f39065.jpg

7b09ac4d54aad526177ae393fba0de78.jpg

Stripping them down was fun...

Sheared a few bolts as they were so ceased! Even after being soaked in penetrating stuff for hours.

a07450b30ee4e049bab70d0f2361902e.jpg

0778b364e7ed5ff93284cea1d3907ffe.jpg

One wheel turned out to be a 3 piece....

56edf7cc805ce4db7203fe52e79abed6.jpg

After a "very light" blasting.

a47b04d8285bd04aab3a51ea9ae4e633.jpg

I had the centres powder coated by mint alloys in silsoe, Bedfordshire.

The barrels (and lip) were ceramic polished by TRS in sherington, near Milton keynes.

I decided to polish the fronts myself. After many, many hours i got them to a finish that was ok.. After many more hours I got them looking 'as good as possible'.

I'll have them ceramic polished as well in the near future!

d1bc783d7b5e78ae670871d365f0b032.jpg

New nuts and bolts.

5bbac8b828399fbaa5982636503fe383.jpg

New billet centre caps and pins.

Set me back a few quid but look the bo//ocks. Also finding originals was near on impossible.

518dd8bd86c1ec55eb3fc511291e3cb5.jpg

Splashed out on a set of continentals!

195/40/16

9931f4e83bf3edd3e1cb17937f111d32.jpg

And now fitted.

Still need to roll my arches and get it sitting right , but Im liking it.

16778fded90cb334cd6355b20a7e196f.jpg

7d185651df94566520ee2866e4a75d3e.jpg