corrado_newbie

New Corrado VR6!!!!

Morning Everyone ... Guys and Girls..

I am now the proud owner of a corrado VR6 1994. Nice car (well im happy) Will get some pics up soon!

Need some info from anyone that wishes to impart their knowledge and wisdom on two points.

Number one :) - the corrado is already lowered but seems too low ride is good but it rubs on the arches slightly which is a ball ache ... LITERALLY! so any info on good suspension or companies or what i might be able to do with this suspension to adjust or alter my ride (so i can finally get round some corners quickly!!!)

Number Two :) - I really want to have a look at this VR6 lump, done my research and so on but want to know again from some insiders about the best places to head for tuning and upgrading... general neatening and so on... things like - chipping new HT leads possible cams manifolds so on and so fourth ... any info on companies and or products would be just amazing!!!!!!

You guys are in the know ... (i soon will be i hope) so any info would be beautiful :)

Cheers

James

James, first of all welcome. I will say you should look through the various sub sections on the forum as there are many sticky threads that will address all your questions as they have been asked many times before. Get some photos up of the car and current spec as well.

CoullStar - your a gent!

I will have a look about on the other threads to find some info :)

one thing i wanted to get form this was just an idea of companies people use e.g. ive heard stealth racing around a bit and so on I dont know if there is anyone you recommend?

Cheers

James

Stealth Racing at Southam in Warwickshire are highly recommended too.

Many people on here use them coming for miles to use them.

Vince has worked on the Corrado for ever and highly knowledgeable.

Plus Stealth's labour rates are really fair.

I am a happy Stealth user for approx 6 years now

definitely heard alot of good things about stealth! Cheers Wendy ... your not too far from me!

Im in Milton keynes Jim... as i say not to far from wendy.

Cheers guys :)

I would happily reccomend both DG autotech and Stealth!

Welcome to the Fourm. The search is your friend on this site, there is a massive amount of information on here.

welcome to the forums, in regards to your suspension take a look at them, the previous owner may have fitted adjustable coilovers as opposed the standard fixed hieght coilovers {adjustment made by changeing springs}, in which case you can just jack one side up at a time and raise the height yourself untill your happy :)

Edited by VW_OwneR_85

Hello and welcome. Im in MK some of the time too, stick some pics of your VR up and il keep an eye out for you! Stealth are just up the road (sort of) in Southam. Definately worth paying them a visit.

Hi mate I'd also recommend DG autotech, picked mine up from there and the guy was a wizard. I'm frm flitwick but in mk most of the time, post sum pics n I'll probly cya about!

Nice 1 ben

Get some pics up mate.

Im new on here too and have found out an awful lot of information just via search engine on here

what.is the spec list mate?

I went to Stealth get cams fitted and remap (came all the way from Sheffield!). Very very knowledgeable.

I went the Schrick manifold/cams/remap route with mine, which I think gives better driveability, better torque lower down the range, and slightly more power (20-30bhp or so). Very costly upgrade route but retains all the best charcteristics of the VR6 and makes it better to drive. With hindsight I wish I'd done an OBD2 conversion first.

Cheers Guys - All the info is briliant! Yeah i will defo get some pictures up as soon as possible, Just been **** weather or dark when i get in from work!!! Its the dark purple colour which i didn't think i would like but ive quickly become attracted to it!

Also Tony i see you have 288 mm brakes was looking about at the threads on here, simple question is would u recommend it?

the 288s are the brakes the VR6 Corrado should have come with. Highly recommended and not expensive.

yes, i got mine about 4 years ago and fitted them about 3 months back! Not difficult, the hardest part is bleeding the brakes afterwards, well for me anyway. Its one of the jobs i hate doing in any car. You can get a set of calipers and carriers for around £60, discs - best bet to get original VAG. I got a set off a Passat which went on directly. The hoses were from a TT mk1 as i couldnt find any others that were the right length. IN fact there are two sorts with the banjo fitting, you need the longer ones. I've got some calipers if you need and (dont quote me) but Dukest may still have some carriers so i'm sure we could work something out.

Oh rite just saw an aqua blue vr is xcape carpark was m505 vwg I think . Looked mint with black speed lines.

Still got yours to spot then 😜