Crispy Squirrel

Front skirt / Bumper / spoiler back to black ?

So recently i've seen alot of Rado's with a fresh black front skirt, looks very tasty I must say so i'm now going to jump on this train and do mine, any advice on what paint / product to use to get the grey out and the black in ? Is it worth using products or should i just spray it with black spray paint ? ?I used some back to black exterior a few months ago on washer jets, aeriel etc but its allready returning back to grey :(

Edited by davidwort

I use autoglym instant tyre dressing, it does fade but lasts the longest in my experience and it doesn't look too shiny.

There are a few buying new 70mm splitters off Spoonfed. These look lovely and fresh.

Edited by 8vMatt

if your original splitter has faded you can actually but plastic bumper spray in matt black. halfrauds should have it, remember to buy the plastic preperation spray too, if you dont want to spray it eliott is right and instant tyre dressing will restore some natural oils etc.

Hmmm this is interesting. Idealy I'd love to change it but i think its going to be the cheap old' tyre dressing! Anyone got a best price apart from "halfrauds" that made me laugh ...

Auto glym bumper care is by far the best stuff I've used. About £6.99 from halfrauds iirc. Last a good few months before even beginning to fade, and you get no streaks when it rains either. Boiled linseed oil is supposed to also be very good, or you could restore it to almost original colour by using a heat gun on it. Removal would obviously be best if your worried about paintwork, but there Are plenty of guides on u tube.

This stuff is not cheap, but is superb http://gtechniq.com/shop/3s-for-cars/exterior-coatings/c4-permanent-trim-restorer/. I have had outstanding results with it on badly faded windscreen scuttle plastics, mirror surrounds and upper seat belt pivot points. I have also used cheap groundnut oil on plastics to good effect, but this has no real durability. Before I was aware of the gTechnic coating, I also liked Mer Bumper and Vinyl Cleaning Gel (Halfords) but, again, needs reapplying frequently.

Being a squirrel id imagine peanut butter will be at hand, works a treat.

Is also good for breaking down polish marks on black plastic ;) its the nut oils

For many years now I have found bar far and away the best way to restore many vehicle exterior black plastic unpainted trims is to carefully apply heat to them with a hot air gun. This process works supremely well and furthermore is longer lasting than any aftermarket treatment. I would recommend that anyone wanting to learn this technique, and practice it for the first time, seeks advise from someone who knows how, and practices on an old trim. The results of this process leave you with trims that look like new, with a deep OEM sheen. Try it, you wont buy any other product again,be it Autoglym or otherwise, and save the peanut butter for your sandwiches!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk