dogger

Backlit/Illuminated Gauge Face Group Buy

not sure if its law but most new cars have the 30 mph mark in red if you can do this that wood be great

will be needing the needl kit to

late G60

backlit in white

logos G60 & corrado

fuel gauge in gallons 12

30 & 70mph marks in red

thanks eddy:geek:

I will have,

Late 16v,

15 gallon or USA version,

Redline at 7k

Green backlit

20vt on speedo (if poss)or none !

Corrado on rev counter

If possible red 30 &70

White lit needles

Edited by dragon green

Im intrested in a set of dials and red needles for a late style 16v (7k redline)

Can i have them made without corrado or 16v branding?

Ok, I have an unusual request.....what would be the chances of having a set made for a TDi Corrado? I've done a TDi conversion you see, and the clocks look like this:

file-114.jpg

(sorry about the poor picture, but you get the idea!)

Would it be possible to have them reproduced in black, with the tachometer reduced to be the same as the TDi ones listed above? I don't need them to be backlit or anything like that, it'd just be nice to have them looking like original Corrado clocks but maintaining the correct tacho dial.

It'd be nice to have 'Corrado' in the tachometer section, and 'TDI' in the speedo section (in the right mid-90's font if possible?).

Sorry to be very specific, I'd be happy to buy more than one if it's too difficult to produce in a single go as it's likely I'll be doing more TDi conversions in the future!

Thanks in advance

Tom

Eddy.h I'll put that design together tonight and post it.

Bryan is there a 20VT logo already or do I need to make something? If I do need to make it how do you want it to look?

jacko we can delete the logos, not a problem.

Hi Tom, I can make the gauge face design for you but I would need a better picture of the tach. They would have to be backlit though.

Thanks everyone!

Crikey there's a lot of options flying around and you've completely lost me talking about Audi 100 clusters! Can you confirm how much a set of green dials in the late VR6 style you originally posted, with red illuminated needles, would be?

Would I be correct in assuming £68 + £78 + shipping? Or is it £68 + £104? Or is it £104 for a full kit? I'm confused!!!!

How much is shipping anyway?!

Regards

Mark

Dogger - I'll be in touch via PM in the next couple of days because I'm pretty sure (thinking about it) that the inside design of the Passat clocks (the ones that my Corrado TDi uses) is different, I think I'll strip them apart so you can see a more detailed picture and see what you think. Thanks for the reply, I'll get on it straight away!

Tom

Crikey there's a lot of options flying around and you've completely lost me talking about Audi 100 clusters! Can you confirm how much a set of green dials in the late VR6 style you originally posted, with red illuminated needles, would be?

Would I be correct in assuming £68 + £78 + shipping? Or is it £68 + £104? Or is it £104 for a full kit? I'm confused!!!!

How much is shipping anyway?!

Regards

Mark

Yea this is getting a bit confusing. I almost don't want to offer so many options and would prefer to have kept it simple. But I know a lot of us would like to have things made to order and we can offer that option. So I will do my best to fill everyone's needs here.

The price for the illuminated gauge faces is £68 in green, white, or blue. Those are the only colors offered in the gauge faces. The red illuminated needle circuit boards are £78 for the kit of 3. The needles have to be sourced from a Audi 100 cluster which the supplier of the needle circuit board can source for you or you can source the needles and ship them to him. They need to be modified to work with the Corrado gauges. He said the needles cost him from £26-£39. I believe he has needles in stock right now so let me find out an exact price on what he will charge for them.

The £104 price was for needles that are in the other colors that I listed that are not RED. Red is the standard color the needles come in so to change the color the needles need to be modified, hence the increased price.

Shipping cost I am waiting to get the pricing on. I should have the price in the morning.

I've checked the legality of having to have the 30 & 70 highlighted, it DOES NOT need doing !

So could I omit this feature if not too late.

You state a 3 needle kit, don't we need 4 ?

I stated 3 circuit boards not needles. There is one circuit board for each gauge face for the needles. The temp/fuel is one board not two.

Hard to read all of this info on the needles. Wish it was not so involved.

Shipping will cost from £9-£13.

Here are some pictures of the sample gauge faces.

IMG_5983.jpg

IMG_5984.jpg

---------- Post added at 12:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 PM ----------

For those who are interested in the illuminated needles you can contact the guy who makes them direct at [email protected]. He can make you a kit and provide all of the specific information. He will also ship direct to you.

Audi instruments always catch my eye these days, I wonder if replicating what they are doing now will bring your car bang up todate, or would it not work with the rest of the dash, it seems like a lot of work to update the pod so why not go for something modern?

Audi-A3-11112121024425041600x1060.jpg

For those who are interested in the illuminated needles you can contact the guy who makes them direct at [email protected]. He can make you a kit and provide all of the specific information. He will also ship direct to you.

ok mate i have email hem

thanks eddy:geek:

Audi instruments always catch my eye these days, I wonder if replicating what they are doing now will bring your car bang up todate, or would it not work with the rest of the dash, it seems like a lot of work to update the pod so why not go for something modern?

Audi is doing some cool stuff with their interiors and gauges.

DDI and other companies have tried the modern look but no one has ever made OE looking backlit gauges for a Corrado. There are quite a few Corrado owners like myself who want stock looking gauge faces that are backlit so that is the aim and purpose of this group buy. Not a modernized look.

I'm interested in a set of Green backlit gauges for a UK spec 1995 Corrado VR6. With "Storm" logo script on the speedo and "Corrado" on the Rev Counter, similar to your picture on page #1.

Red Needles too, but I'll contact the guy directly. The Gauge kit comes with idiot proof instructions I hope :)

Let me see if I have time to make the logos. No promises that I can.

Here are the updated faces. It seems like most people preferred the Corrado logo on the speedometer and the VR6 or G60 logo on the tachometer. Let me know if this is better.

Early G60

EarlyG60FUK.jpg

Late G60

LateG60UK.jpg

Late VR6

LateVR6UK.jpg

Edited by dogger

Apologies. Just read the original description. Green Illumination, Corrado logo on the speedo and "Storm" logo on the Rev Counter is good for me.

Here is an example of the logo.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]51049[/ATTACH]

Audi is doing some cool stuff with their interiors and gauges.

DDI and other companies have tried the modern look but no one has ever made OE looking backlit gauges for a Corrado. There are quite a few Corrado owners like myself who want stock looking gauge faces that are backlit so that is the aim and purpose of this group buy. Not a modernized look.

I'd go with the OE style myself as well, are these needles any good? http://www.ebay.de/itm/Tachonadeln-LED-Beleuchtung-needle-LED-illumination-/280801521744?pt=DE_Autoteile&hash=item4161133050

http://www.ebay.de/itm/180780363409?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

the Audi ones seem rather expensive

Edited by Pug Boxter

Apologies. Just read the original description. Green Illumination, Corrado logo on the speedo and "Storm" logo on the Rev Counter is good for me.

Here is an example of the logo.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]51049[/ATTACH]

I found a bigger pic of that logo to use. Let me see if I can make it this weekend and IM you a sample.

I don't know if those needles will work. Luis has to modify the Audi needles to make them work. He was telling me that Mk4 needles work but the temp/fuel needles are too short and don't touch the rest stops.