itsmeagain

Central locking

My central locking has just stopped working, the alarm is arming and disarming. But not unlocking the car, I can open the car with the key. Any ideas

you need to check if the lock/unlock circuits to the pump/control board are working, so you need to remove the carpet in the rhs of the boot, un-clamp the foam cover and remove the pump/CL unit, disconnect the wiring block from it and check the pins on the cable with a multimeter to earth on the car (use boot striker etc)

there will be two wires that go +12v one on lock, one on unlock, if none of the pins behave like this then the alarm wiring or the wiring in the car door may have broken. I think there is also a permanent 12V feed, don't confuse the switching feeds with that, the switching feeds on go +12v when the key or alarm operates the circuit.

If you do get feeds then the pump control board is shot, fairly common.

Went through this diagnosis last year, note, early cars have a different CL control unit to the later ones and the connectors are different, so if you need a new one make sure the part no. is the same and it cmes from a pre-facelift car