Jim Bowen

Vanishing Corrados?

Just been on pistonheads and noticed only 13 for sale at the moment, i remember there being 100 on there at points.

Also notice loads being broken nearly every week.

Do you think they are quickly disappearing or just that time or year?

been ages since I saw one on the road, I guess a fair few are summer/second/weekend cars now, they were never exactly common but I see more mk2 sciroccos about now

I did see one yesterday, but it's the first one in ages. I def think the fairweather/weekend car idea plays a big part in it, but I had also noticed that loads seem to be being broken at the mo.

I now see more Astons, 911 Turbos and R8s than Corrados. Pros and cons to both I suppose :S

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

has to be time of year/ 2nd car thing, generally months go by without me seeing any over here though even in the summer, which i think is a definite +ve aspect of ownership

over xmas i spent 5 days driving all over the country and did approx 2100 miles, i only seen one and that was the one on my drive lol

Haven't seen any over here in Dublin for months - and I'm on the M50 motorway every day. Feels like a lonely existence for me and my C.

my Storm became relegated to very occasional use in 2005 after 4 years of being my daily,although I have been driving it more this past few months,tho Its still just occasional use,although I just have to drive into my next street to see another C

I think they must all be making their way down south as i know of at least 15 within a 3 mile radius of my flat.

My mate spotted another 2 new ones just down the road today.

Probably migrating south for the slightly warmer weather :D

Now I have sold mine the prices will soar! I'm pretty good at buying on a high and selling at the bottom of the market.....Its sort of the midas touch in reverse!

Now I have sold mine the prices will soar! I'm pretty good at buying on a high and selling at the bottom of the market.....Its sort of the midas touch in reverse!

Thanks Again Mate.

Only joking i'm really happy you sold it to me.

I haven't seen 1 since i've had mine, thought i would see loads now i've got one.

I just never see them around... I can go weeks / months without seeing one, and I do a bit of driving around including trips up to various football grounds on some weekends. The closest I ever see on a regular basis is a MK2 Scirocco at work most days because it's my managers car! :)

I havent seen one about for ages, there used to be quite a few around Oxford too! I've only been using mine 1-2 times a week recently as its easier to ride to work with the roadworks/traffic in ox at the moment.

Rarely see them. Mine is in frequent use but over winter it's probably every couple of weeks only.

form the end of august to the medal of December i been all over england & sum parts of Wales fixing prison vans

& on-ell seen 4

Thanks Again Mate.

Only joking i'm really happy you sold it to me.

I haven't seen 1 since i've had mine, thought i would see loads now i've got one.

No worries mate, it's enough consolation to know you will get it to a great standard. :)

I know of only 4 here including mine. A storm grey valver, a White valver, and a White G60. All the valvers including mine are members of the local forum, but never seen any others round these here parts. That was kinda the attraction for me tbh. Although a few handy local spares wouldn't go amiss!

"The Weak ones fall, the strong carry on".

Many being broken for spares now. Good thing being it keeps the better stuff going and increases the rarity and therefore the value.

It's important not to get to sentimental about it when the car in question is already a rotter. I mean, the red one on the other thread is a classic example of a car which people think is worth saving because it was photographed in a weekly car magazine. Really?....

The last time I saw one was in November! Red, broken down near the Holiday Inn, Ipswich. I was on the way to pick up my new car and thought it might be a 'sign'.....

Apart from meeting some chaps from here i've never seen any since getting mine. It makes it all the more special using it to go to b&q and tesco :) Also the w124 mercs have all vanished around here, so when is a classic recognised as a classic?

Saw one in Coulsdon a few months ago coming towards me, think it was dark green? Mines a Midnight Blue 16V 2.0 with smoothed front bumper - You can't miss it!

We simply acknowledged one another, cracked a smile and drove on... Always the way when you see another C owner.

Many being broken for spares now. Good thing being it keeps the better stuff going and increases the rarity and therefore the value.

Indeed. The more that vanish, the better. I like owning cars that very few other people own. The fact VW are obsoleting everything under the catergory, "Corrado", just makes me even more determined to keep it going for ever.

Last time I saw a Corrado was in a petrol station around christmas time and mine and this other one were the ONLY two cars in the petrol station! Neither of us acknowledged each other though. Must be the famous essex friendliness :lol:

If they weren't rare I probably wouldn't have one and I certainly wouldn't be spending money on improving it. I love the fact that they are special and look completely different to anything else on the road.