Sign in to follow this  
Bobby

mk4 golf dash conversion

has anyone tried this as i would like to have a go at doing this some time in summer, anyway from what i've heard from people who have fitted them into mk2 golfs the best thing is to use early mk4 clocks (why?) and use mk3 golf ventilation ducts to line up with the dash. i have a h reg 1.8 16v corrado so it runs the speed of a cable rather than a sensor on the gearbox, could i convert this to a sensor and will it be difficult. just like the mk4 golf dash looks so much nicer than the old skool corrado dash.

thanks bobby

anyway from what i've heard from people who have fitted them into mk2 golfs the best thing is to use early mk4 clocks (why?)

thanks bobby

The ECU works in conjuction with the instrument panel as far as i am aware.

Yeah basically on the later type, like I have on my TT dash, many of the functions work through the ECU on what is called a CAN data bus. This makes things a lot more tricky if you are using an earlier type engine which does not have this feature.

So for a simpler install use the early type dials. For a nicer display and added features use the later type, but expect a lot more work and you need a good knowledge of how it all works!

J