bristolbaron

Hate the lack of cupholder in the Rado? I had an idea..

Put me down Baz, its only fair to give the cash to the person with the original idea - id forgotten about this thread when i read the other one if im honest. :)

Put me down i know iv sold a few templates but they was sat doin nowt i thought it was a bit of a ****ter doing that tbh mate but i didnt want to comment on the other thread

Cheers guys, added to the list! I'm not looking at making money doing this, but if there's any spare for a forum donation at the end I'm sure Andi will appreciate it!

I've got to be honest, I think you've shot yourself in the foot here a bit. I totally understand why you're not happy, but consider, the last firm update on this idea was 11th March, with a 'not quite got round to it' message on 23rd April. Given the idea was started in January, no surprise people forgot about it.

There was nothing at all to stop a GB feeler going out, as many people requested ages ago, the two things would comfortably ran together meaning a shorter lead time to delivery.

I'd happily have gone for one of yours, but I've already committed to the other. Sorry.

Understand completely bud, I had been slack in chasing up my contact in Indonesia after sending the sample to him.. He's helping out as a favour so I'm not really in a position to push him! I've spoken with a couple of people locally who sound promising so I could've looked at that closer at the start.

Perhaps I should be happy this has given me the kick up the ass to get moving again!

Cheers,

Baz

Perhaps I should be happy this has given me the kick up the ass to get moving again!

Cheers,

Baz

Every cloud :)

Still keen and will definitely have one when they come to fruition. Count me in Baz.

Gotta be honest, even though ive said I will definately take one of yours, I got one of the templates mentioned about 5 posts up delivered the other day. Its not exactly difficult to make a base template but it saved me the hassle :)

I intend to make something up myself as more of a project for me personally, but when completed I will offer them up to the community if its possible for me to get them produce or make a few more myself.

Im of the oppinion that communities like this work the best when there are lots of people getting involved. 1 option for a cupholder? Why, when there are 3/4/5/6/7 possible alternatives? If its not about making money from it - then surely the alternatives are a great thing for everyone? & if it is about making money from them - awsome, welcome to the competitive world of business :) Work out which is more important the the buyers: 1) Price, 2) Delivery Time, 3) Quality - and make sure your product beats the rest on the important criteria for your customers :)

Gotta be honest, even though ive said I will definately take one of yours, I got one of the templates mentioned about 5 posts up delivered the other day. Its not exactly difficult to make a base template but it saved me the hassle :)

I intend to make something up myself as more of a project for me personally, but when completed I will offer them up to the community if its possible for me to get them produce or make a few more myself.

Im of the oppinion that communities like this work the best when there are lots of people getting involved. 1 option for a cupholder? Why, when there are 3/4/5/6/7 possible alternatives? If its not about making money from it - then surely the alternatives are a great thing for everyone? & if it is about making money from them - awsome, welcome to the competitive world of business :) Work out which is more important the the buyers: 1) Price, 2) Delivery Time, 3) Quality - and make sure your product beats the rest on the important criteria for your customers :)

There won’t be many more group buys to join if 5 different people are all competing for the same product!

I see what you're saying and I'm not intending to do anything to stop anyone else making a cupholder, for themselves or to sell on.

The main issue is this is a niche product, in a small market so if everyone's making one, I won't be able to spread the production costs far enough to hit the price requirements.

I am interested to hear if there's anything this cupholder doesn't offer, that you might be looking into changing yourself? Like I said from the start, this was just an idea for myself, but as others are now happy to contribute financially to this happening I am more then open to listening to suggestions!

There won’t be many more group buys to join if 5 different people are all competing for the same product!

Indeed.. from initial guides I had today on costing this wont be able to happen without around 50 units. Any less and costs will be about £30 per person - Too high!

haha! Hopefully I don't need that! I can't think there are enough corrado's worldwide to warrant a patent!

So here's current state of play..

My original cupholder was used as a mould, for a plaster sample to be made up.

From that they've managed to make a rough first draft. I went and collected that and I'm impressed, but not 100% happy.

It does hold a can, but it wont drop quite to the base and the first ridge is slightly bigger, so a little bit rattly.

This is because I used guttering hose, not an actual cupholder as the original!

My options are to try and find another cup section, or to have one made in resin, but that could be big bucks. [£200-£300.]

Not a problem if i can sell a hundred, but too expensive for the numbers we're at currently.

I'm also struggling to find a supplier for 60mm rubber/foam circles for the bottoms of the cups. At the moment they're £1 each, or handcut.

I'm pleased with the leather look finish though - much better than the other supplier!

576624_10150845431016769_1282080363_n.jpg

Excuse the Natch can, only cans in the house!

543480_10150845431466769_515581768_9756312_1061674611_n.jpg

Excuse the Natch can, only cans in the house!

Never be ashamed of the mighty Natch! Cupholder looks good. :)

Never be ashamed of the mighty Natch! Cupholder looks good. :)

Ahhhhhh brings back some memories!....................Or not as the case was quite a few times! :grin:

Seafar99 - that looks good

where did you get that little unit from?

Let's just say it was adapted from a part used in the construction of Public Service Vehicle's.

hehe.. I dont know if i'm more impressed with love for the cupholder or the Natch! Free can with every purchase!? :drinking:

I did an experiment today and fitted a cup holder into the existing ashtray. Not as easy as it looks, took a lot of dremmelling but clips in as factory and I think looks pretty OEM.

If yours works by clipping in, in a similar way I think it would help.

fc8c4a73.jpg