skid

Differences in models rear badges?

Here is one for all you Stattos out there.

What is the differences between models rear end badges.

I have seen some with chrome vw badges, black badges( ok some might be bought as aftermarket items).

Did all corrados get 16v,G60,vr6 badges, were they all colour co-ordinated to suit the car?

I think early cars had body colour, late had brushed metal look and black are aftermarket..... may be wrong though.

I think early cars had body colour, late had brushed metal look and black are aftermarket..... may be wrong though.

Spot on, 10 points.

Here is one for all you Stattos out there.

What is the differences between models rear end badges.

I have seen some with chrome vw badges, black badges( ok some might be bought as aftermarket items).

Did all corrados get 16v,G60,vr6 badges, were they all colour co-ordinated to suit the car?

The only model not to get its engine type as a badge was the 8v.. the others did all get 16v/G60 (supercharged)/VR6 badging.

Little known fact ...

The red 16v badges are actually scratch 'n sniff and release the aromatic fragrance of bratwurst.

Early... As in Pre '93 VR6's had Red VR6 badges and colour coded Corrado Script.

Post 1993 has chrome/alloy style badges.

Mines a late 1993 (Mid December) and has chrome badges.

Little known fact ...

The red 16v badges are actually scratch 'n sniff and release the aromatic fragrance of bratwurst.

Funny you mention this, i once rubbed up against the interior karmann badge and then had my head in the footwell and there was a distinct aroma of Sauerkraut.

Arrogance?

(Joke btw!!! Before I start getting hate mail! :lol:)

Arrogance?

(Joke btw!!! Before I start getting hate mail! :lol:)

No you are correct, i live with an owner so i ought to know better than anyone :lol:

Funny my 91 G60 has not got the supercharged badge!

And my VR6 has not got the vr6 badge either, and i have seen a few like that.

Either there was a spate of thefts or people are taking them off to make them "sleepers" !

The vr6 & other ones can come unstuck quite easily due to the dhesive not being very sticky due to age probably!

Hmm, my VR didn't have a VR6 badge on the back and no obvious markings to suggest it ever did.

they all did but it probably fell off and the adhesive marks just got cleaned off and polished away :)

They are primarily black and white in appearance

Badger.jpg

Honey Badgers are bad ass and bite your balls off

honey-badger-close-up2.jpg

Funny my 91 G60 has not got the supercharged badge!

And my VR6 has not got the vr6 badge either, and i have seen a few like that.

Either there was a spate of thefts or people are taking them off to make them "sleepers" !

The red 'Supercharged' badges were supplied to UK dealers for them to affix to the G60s for use on the 1992 model year cars (read Jan 1992) and should have been positioned directly under the 'Corrado' script at the same height as the 'G60' badge. Owners could buy the 'Supercharged' badge and dealers were encouraged to sell those to exisiting owners, the same badge is also used on the G40 Polo. However, a lot of dealers didn't position them in the correct place hence the random location of these badges (info contained in Product Bulletin for Corrado, No. 4 dated Jan 1992).

As for the rest of the badging, as already mentioned engine type (ie VR6, G60 etc) come in 2 types, red or brushed satin steel and all models, bar the 8v, have one of those badges on the front grille and one on the rear of the car under the 'Corrado' badge with the last digit of the engine type badge being directly under the 'o' of Corrado. The front badges clip onto the grille and the rear badges come with self adhesive backing.

The 'Corrado' script badge comes in either a body coloured form (early models) or a brushed satin steel and are attached to the car via a number of plastic lugs that go into blue coloured grommets on the car - the blue grommets tend to fail and crack over time causing the boot to collect water.

The front and rear 'VW' badges were only supplied in a chrome effect finish and the rear chrome badge is attached via the same method as the 'Corrado' script badges.

Oh and the blue grommets make kids hyperactive if they eat them! (Probably)

Edited by Yandards

This is what I've gone for on my early (1990) G60, not faithful to what should be there but easily reversible and I like to add a few personal touch to my cars.

The Black Corrado and rear VW badges are genuine. The Corrado badge started out as a tatty late spec chrome item which I rubbed down to re-Silver (have some perfect paint for that), however after rubbing it down with 1200 grit wet and dry I thought hang on a min this should look good as it is, especially on a red car. So I just loosely fitted it to check and decided I like it. The finish is very nice, kinda matt but with some cleaning products looks slightly shiny.

The VW badges I rubbed down, prepped with plastic primer and gave them a few coats of Satin Black to build up a nice rounded finish to the edge's.

The little supercharged badge came from eBay, was considering using a Silver one instead but thought it might look a bit ostentatious with the re-Silvered Corrado badge and I purchased it before I'd even thought of doing the Corrado one in Black. So I'm going to buy a Silver one and give it a try as I have a suspicion it will look even better.:cool:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]56361[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]56365[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]56369[/ATTACH]

Edited by K Simmonds