DriverVR6

Radiator Top Elbow

I'm after a BROKEN/DAMAGED radiator top elbow. As these are obsolete I'm going to look at fabricating one out of metal, but I need an original one to measure etc. I know that daves16v made one, but I'm not sure if he has any plans to make anymore. The one on my VR6 is very old, and I'll be stuck if it breaks. Does anyone have a broken/damaged unwanted one? Please PM me if you do.

I'm not sure if my old one is still knocking around the garage, I'll check soon.. Enthusiastowned also changed his recently so maybe worth a pm..

Yep, got one. Still in one piece but with a hairline crack.

Drop me a PM.

There was a group buy a few years ago when some of us bought the aircraft grade alloy replacement by Gruvenparts of US.

Edited by craigowl

They also supplied an alloy crack pipe (bottom of cooling system).

You buya da car (£4.2K) you getta dese alloy bits!

I'm still after a (scrap) rad elbow to use as a pattern. Whoever posts me one will get a fabricated one for free. Please PM me if you have a scrap one you would be willing to let me have. You can have it back once I have finished with it.

I'm still after a (scrap) rad elbow to use as a pattern. Whoever posts me one will get a fabricated one for free. Please PM me if you have a scrap one you would be willing to let me have. You can have it back once I have finished with it.

PM me your address and I will post one out signed for postage for you on Monday. It will be coming off my car and is still perfect. (Dont worry I have another spare but would like one in metal and if it will help you get the ball rolling)

cheers

Edited by VWVW

Hi DriverVR6 - Old rad elbow from my car is removed today so will be coming to you via post tomorrow.

PS It is a scary component to remove as they are prone to crack :)

Edited by VWVW

Excellent! I will get it measured etc and then post it back to you asap.

As promised, when I get the metal one fabricated you'll get one for free.

I agree it is scary to remove once it is old and brittle. The thermostat/sensor housing is even worse, but at least you can still buy a new one of those from VW.

VWVW, many thanks for the rad elbow, I'll post it back to you as soon as I'm finished with it.