Sign in to follow this  
BigTartanJudge

Insurance for VW Corrado's

Hi Guys,

Any ideas on good companies to use for insuring a Corrado. I have the following on my list. Chris Knott, Tesco, Bell Direct, CIA, Elepahnt, direct line.

Any other suggestions most welcome as need insurance asap

Cheers

Big Guy

Do not use Elephant m8!!

I was with then and had to use them after a minor prang, the car came back with broken sunroof, snapped seat recliner, the garage changed the wiring loom??!?! and the list goes on and on and on.... rattles like Aunt Hilda's back teeth now!

Want my advise steer well clear of them more trouble than they are worth!

Try Brentacre Insurance, they cover modded cars too. Its run by Club GTI Members, so get good deals on performace VW's.

Prices dont alter on mods unless you go over 200bhp mark, so exhaust, filter etc won't alter insurance. Should find them advertised in PVW mag.

Brentacre are good and set a BHP limit but you can do anything to your car -except roll cages - you want and it won't increase the premium. The only snag is they are underwritten by Highway and they're shite for paying out if you have an accident.

I'm now with AXA direct (Brentacre wanted nearly a grand to insure a VR6) and for such a big player, my premium of £600 comp for a VR6 is hard to beat.

Kev

94 VR6

give norwich union direct a go! they have a webbie

my insurance has droped by 50% this year

was with performance direct last year ,this years premium of them £710

norwich union £330 thats with 17" and suspension mods

regards kevin :lol:

HFC insurance are really good they're not too bothered about mods either when I told them about all of mine (GULP) I was expecting a big hike in premium but they didn't hike it up at all in fact it ended up being cheaper than last year when it was on limited mileage and only a couple of the mods declaired. :D A big thubms up

Brentacre are good and set a BHP limit but you can do anything to your car -except roll cages - you want and it won't increase the premium. The only snag is they are underwritten by Highway and they're shite for paying out if you have an accident.

I'm now with AXA direct (Brentacre wanted nearly a grand to insure a VR6) and for such a big player, my premium of £600 comp for a VR6 is hard to beat.

Kev

94 VR6

You think Highways are bad? - wait until you need Axa Direct to pay out :twisted: ... took me three months of abusive letters to get anywhere - worst company I have ever used!

Cheers Scott, I'll avoid an accident then!! I might give Brentacre another go as I want to mod my car (mildly) and I don't think AXA will allow any mods.

Kev

Blimey> was that with one of Elephants approved repairers? :shock: Is it not always possible to have your car repaired at your preferred garage rather than the insurance companies, as long as it is approved? Or do they have specific contracts with their own repairers?

I'm with Adrain Flux purely because of my age (22) and i think they are quite good with mods too. M plate vr6 standard, 2 yrs no claims and one SP30 (also named driver had an accident last year) £800 tpft.

cheers

paul

Try Herts Insurance Consultants in Bishop's Stortford. I'm insured TPFT, 30 y/o with 3 yrs No Claims, and my 16v is £210 a year. I can mod it as much as I like and track day cover is included too!

dierctline 24 1 years no claims no mods vr6 fully comp 1200 sheets and i spent 2 months searching for a better quote and couldn't find one

Blimey> was that with one of Elephants approved repairers? Is it not always possible to have your car repaired at your preferred garage rather than the insurance companies, as long as it is approved? Or do they have specific contracts with their own repairers?

Would you trust anyone called 'Elephant' to fix you car!?!

"Would you trust anyone called 'Elephant' to fix you car!"

Peugeot 206...ring any bells?

:D

Just double checked my possible premium and admiral have just quoted me 550 for a 95 VR6 parked on the street in Shawlands in Glasgow. I am 26 and have 3 yrs no claims. Not bad eh!

hi,

I've agereed to swap my 95 golf L diesel for a good condition 91 1.8 16V. been quoted 1800 TPFT but im21 with a four year old DR10, IN10, and LC10 (was a t**T at 17) can anybody help?? that's with highway. Also do you thrink thats a good deal with the golf?

look forward to hearing form anybody!

I'm with bell-direct. Gave me a really good quote. I had a claim and they were really fast and friendly.

Over on Scoobynet they swear by Liverpool Victoria. I've had an online quote of £450 (33, 13yNCD, 0 points, '91 1.8 16V C) and the best bit is, they don't give a hoot about mods, security products or car location (drive/garage/street). They base their premiums solely on postcode, vehicle and age of driver. Their disclaimer on the net says no mods, but phone them and mention the mods and you should be fine. My bro' just saved £280 on last years price and moved up to fully comp from 3pty (£320 MR2). Only catch is they don't like under 30's, but a few younger Snetters have wangled in with them.