Walesy

VR6 Front Grill Badge

Bump, only for sale due to house purchase and baby on the way, don't want to sell it but can't afford to keep it in the condition it deserves to be kept in, etc.

Was hoping for at least £343.70 for this tbh :(

Im watching this on ebay as i do need a front badge so dont be ending it early and give everyone a fair crack of the whip :D

It should fetch at least £30 Dave. Mine did and I've just seen two other completed auctions at £30+ each.

Yeah, having looked on completed auctions on Ebay they've fetched more than that too, as silly as that is! I'd be happy with the starting price so anything more is a bonus :)

Might have to put a cheeky bid on at somepoint as I've had a grill badge nicked off mine TWICE now!!

Any idea how much these cost when they were still in production/stock? Saw a mint VR steering wheel go for over £70 the other week, is that normal?

Might have to put a cheeky bid on at somepoint as I've had a grill badge nicked off mine TWICE now!!

Any idea how much these cost when they were still in production/stock? Saw a mint VR steering wheel go for over £70 the other week, is that normal?

Just my thoughts but I see that as a great reason to not have one!!

Oi! We'll have none of that talk in this thread please! :D - nah, I jest, I can see where that train of thought would come from but I find it difficult to believe that 2 have been nicked! why would someone do that? surly they'd have to be pretty clued up to know that they're obsolete and therefore worth a couple of quid? are you sure you've fitted them correctly? it might be worth using cable ties or something to secure it.

Haha I might not be the most mechanical minded person but I'm fairly sure I put them on correctly, yes lol. One must've 'fallen off' at edition 1 yr, and seeing as my car has moved once in the last 2 weeks and the badge was there afterwards I'm pretty sure someone's half-inched it . Unless there's been some extreme weather I'm not aware of and it's blown away, lol.

Yeh I understand ur thoughts Jay, but it does set the grill of nicely, maybe I'll bond the next one

I'd suggest trying clear silicone sealant to fix it more firmly. Unlike glue it will peel off without damage in the future and it will also come away before someone rips the grill out if they are really determined. But it should fix it in place firmly enough to prevent a casual thief pinching it. In fact I might do this to mine later.

Good idea Portent.

It's a sorry state of affairs with edition 38, the last time I went there were muppets, and lots of reports of items being stolen from tents, damage to cars, and some poor girl had a glass bottle thrown at her head and ended up in A&E, further more when they eventaully got back they had found there tend has been robbed of items, what was even worse is that the threads quickly get removed from the E38 forum and appear to brush over the problem!

If any event I organised as part of the VR6OC even ended up like that I simply wouldnt run the events :)

just my thoughts though :)

Oi! We'll have none of that talk in this thread please! :D - nah, I jest, I can see where that train of thought would come from but I find it difficult to believe that 2 have been nicked! why would someone do that? surly they'd have to be pretty clued up to know that they're obsolete and therefore worth a couple of quid? are you sure you've fitted them correctly? it might be worth using cable ties or something to secure it.

haha sorry, I meant to sign off with: GLWTS :thumbleft:

Haha I might not be the most mechanical minded person but I'm fairly sure I put them on correctly, yes lol.

Sorry mate, wasn't implying that you're not capable of fitting a grill badge! was just looking for reasons why they went missing as it just seemed odd that they'd be nicked but having heard that it was at a VW show it seems far more feasible now! :lol:

Clear silicone is a great idea, although it's a shame that any measures like that need to be taken!

Mine is on with a couple of dabs of JB Weld at the back. This ensures that the tealeaf gets part of a broken grill, too.

Hey - wait a minute....!

Just glue a couple of razor blades behind the badge :)

I am very much liking your vay of thinking, my friend. Barnes-Wallis lives!

Mine is on with a couple of dabs of JB Weld at the back. This ensures that the tealeaf gets part of a broken grill, too.

:lol:

I think the best option has to be just avoiding the E38 show like the plague!

:lol:

I think the best option has to be just avoiding the E38 show like the plague!

you should come to the VR6OC Billing weekend we are holding in August... always a good relaxed and entertaining weekend :)

---------- Post added at 3:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 3:12 PM ----------

Here is the info:

http://www.vr6oc.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?466973

If your interested, drop your name in the below thread:

http://www.vr6oc.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?469432

Hope to see you there, hopefully i'll be in my Corrado too :)

Yeh no worries Walesy it's all good!! Anyone that knows me would know that's a feasible question anyways :lol:

Razor blades is an awesome idea, 'til I go to change the grill around and forget they're there :lol: