jamiehamy

Wheels for VR - what's out there

Fancying new wheels for the Corrado, but to be honest, not seeing anything that inspires me.

I'd like a set of Speedline comp 2's as per a thread on here, but can't find any apart from new at silly money.

I'm in no rush or anything, and looking at £300 max with tyres, min 16, max 17. The nearer OEm style, the better.

If you have anything liying about that you'd maybe get rid of, send me a PM or something. Based near Glasgow, but will be travelling to Hull a couple of times next month,

Cheers, j

If i get something new, then yeah. I like them, but not quite what i want. Altho that might be down to standard suspension making them look too small. Maybe spacers would work. Just want a bit more stance.

Kirade is selling a set of Abt 5 spoke 17in wheels with tyres for about £300, he is local to me. If you do a deal with him I could bring them down and we could meet to swap at say Perth?

Edited by coullstar

£300 for a set of ABTs?!?! That's bloody cheap....

Im pretty sure its around that mark. With decent tyres IIRC as well.

Only photos I was sent. They are 7.5 x17, ET38. Made by BBS apparently.

Edited by coullstar

Yes they are for sale, I will get them all cleaned up and get some decent pics for you, I got them on a Corrado I broke for spares, no kerbing and look like new, tyres all have plenty of life on them, Bridgestone Potenzas (spelling) :lol:

Some thing like this ? I piked these up for 180 quid , there of a subaru so need machining out 1mm on the center bore but thats easy as hell

Im based in hull not sure if it bothers you or not but you can try them on your car if you wanted to see what they look like on

By the way this was after a refurb by me they was white 1f5bbe4d-a0ac-3ca6.jpg1f5bbe4d-a0d0-9870.jpg

Hmmm... I like both of these.

Do the ABT's have any dish, or do the spokes sit pround of the rim? Can't make it out in the pics.

Borbet, if I don't have anything when I come down, would def take you up on your offer. What size are the wheels and what tyres are on them? Looks like a decent profile which would be nice to keep some comfort.

I used to have OZ Saturns on it, and I loved them, but one cracked thanks to a pothole :(

i would like dii=fferent alloys but i got 4 holes alloys at the mo would like 17ins if poss any ideas guys

Cheers mate yea subaru wheels came to me cheap abd they look very oem but in 16 wich is the best compromise

Center bore was easy i did it with a dremel very carefully until the wheel sat perfecty on the hub without a spigot ring its only 1 mm

Right folks,

hve done a lot of looking so think i'm going to focus on finding 16's. Hopefuly try borbets, but also really really fancy the Speedline Compomotive 2's Jim had on his g60. I actually think they are stunning.

Chances of finding them are i'm sure slim to none, but in no rush.

Coullstar, not really feeling the other ones, but thanks for letting me know. If I do find anything soon, I'll let you know and see if you want mine.

Now, if only I had a tool that would monitor the web for me :)