carrots

great stuff for your black trims

hi just put some forever black on my front spoiler ,door handles,roof trims etc.i bought it off ebay a while ago for an old car of mine.its great stuff its a dye so it doesnt wash off like the trim gels you buy and no black streaks when it rains.i would 100% reconmend it

i cant do pics tried in past ,been told how to upload um but couldnt work it out.computers are not my thing

you still can't beat peanut butter for black plastics

Are you for real??????

Are you for real??????

Yup he is not joking, i have a tube of cheap peanut butter smooth in my detailing cupboard!

Its the nut oils it gets rid of polish marks on black plastics!!

wow i never knew that :lol:

Thing is who found this out in the first place.

How does peanut butter work with rain?

I used Mer bumper gel on some of the plastics (roof stripes and window seals) - effects were amazing! All nice and black, however, after few days of rain it all got washed away. Quite interesting to know that this "forever black" will stay for much longer...

I cannot wait.. just 10days days and I am moving to my new house... and will have driveway and garage, yay! So that the proper work on car (both mechanically and detailing) will commence :) Meanwhile, I'm gathering as much intel as possible ^^

Smooth peanut butter :D Never tried it, but essentially anything oily will bring up black plastic.

All the plastic blackeners claim to last the longest but none of them last. The best I've used so far, is that Meguiars purple gel stuff but a week or so in the sun or rain and it's gone.

What about shoe polish? Surely that has to last with the punishment shoes go through?

Liquid shoe polish is a good option, try and get one with a sponge applicator built into the bottle. It does last for a while but will go off eventually. The only thing I'd say is that maybe it's a little *too* black at first.

I have been using boiled linseed oil recently, but I've found it tends to work better on the rougher textured plastics (same goes for liquid shoe polish to be honest)

Out of interest, has anyone ever over gelled their tyre sidewalls and the car's felt a bit understeery into the first corner?

I have :lol:

Out of interest, has anyone ever over gelled their tyre sidewalls and the car's felt a bit understeery into the first corner?

I have :lol:

Ha yes done this myself :) Along with leaving 4 marks on the driveway that strangely last longer then on the tyres?!

Peanut butter, WD40 and boot polish is a good quick fix but seriously i dont know why anyone would used anything other then Gtech's stuff, it will prob outlast most corrados!!

http://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/gtechniq/c4-permanent-trim-restorer.aspx?gclid=CMK4ld-_868CFQwjfAodPy7KYQ

but seriously i dont know why anyone would used anything other then Gtech's stuff, it will prob outlast most corrados!!

http://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/gtechniq/c4-permanent-trim-restorer.aspx?gclid=CMK4ld-_868CFQwjfAodPy7KYQ

This. Over the years I have used just about every product and technique there is (and groundnut oil at 90p a bottle is easier than using peanut butter!). However, the C4 stuff is the most durable I have ever used. It is expensive but worth every penny. Just go easy on the quantity used. I think there is a guide to how to apply on the gtechniq site, or Detailing World.