owen g60

Speedo surround screw covers

Found this whilst searching German eBay.

http://bit.ly/Jw1lWt

Seem good enough and a hell of alot cheaper than any ones that appear on uk site

Nice find! Are these the ones from the chinese Jetta?

I'll be ordering a set, hope the quality is OK.

Word of warning guys...this is the same supplier who i tried to set up the group buy with some time ago...

...this simply didn't go ahead due to quality of fitment well the lack of.

First set they sent me fitted perfect, second set after a supplier change didn't fit at all.

Not saying these are going to be the same but simply it wouldn't surprise me if they were.

Best of luck.

Fitment wasn't the best from the sets I have.

I'm assuming I have early clock surrounds and the shape may be different

Mine arrived yesterday but not tried fitting them yet, will update when I have.

Marketing leaflet made me laugh, a few pictures of lights and bits of trim with photo of a semi naked Chinese girl at the bottom to lure you into a sale....

Mine have arrived,I too have early clocks,one of the hooks on the back has to be slightly filed down for fitment.

5284db4e-8c12-182a.jpg

A new one fitted, far better then looking at the screw !

5284db4e-8c43-edda.jpg

Original one

Mine have arrived, fitted the one side I wanted (left side). Presume on a 94 car I would have the later clocks? But as has been said fitment isn't the best, think the little clips on the back don't align with the holes in the dash surround, but a bit of filing down and a few layers of double sided tape and it fits nicely. Much better than looking at a hole with a screw head showing.

The new one

IMG_20120523_112915.jpg

And the original

IMG_20120523_111253.jpg

Confirms what I thought about supplier then as what you describe is exactly what I found. Tabs didn't line up even close.

Confirms what I thought about supplier then as what you describe is exactly what I found. Tabs didn't line up even close.

Think the tab on the bottom was ok side to side but could have done with being a bit further back, it was the tab on the side that caused the most problems - could have done with being slightly higher up and further back. But I suppose we should be grateful as they are obsolete parts.

Still having a cover on both sides helps with my OCD :bonk:

On the other hand maybe were all looking at this the wrong way round and what we actually need are new speedo surrounds so the tabs line up :thumbleft: