lb80vr6

Corrado VR6 Ignition Leads

Hi everyone,

I'm looking to replace the ignition leads on my 1995 Corrado VR6 as they are old and I'm having some slight misfiring problems.

I'm looking for leads of equivalent or slightly better quality/performance than the original leads, but nothing too fancy, perhaps something around the £80-£90 mark. I do track days and put quite a few miles on the car so I dont want any cheap/low quality leads.

What would people recommend as good ignition leads to purchase for my Corrado from past/current experience? If you could let me know the best place to purchase them from too that would be great.

Many thanks in advance!

I have some "blue igniters" on mine from C and R enteprises, seemed to be alot of people on here recomended them. Think they were about £70 or £80 too. Look really good quality and have never had any problems.

Rick

I got some from GSF which were the same make as the VW ones, i think they were about £70 IIRC.

The Beru ones on vwspares.co.uk are pretty much the same as VW ones (same make), but much cheaper. Dubpower leads are also good and a decent price.

the BBT ones that GSF sell are rubbish, noticed the car was sluggish around town with them on and they kept on coming off the spark plugs, 2 weeks later they are in the bin.

the BBT ones that GSF sell are rubbish, noticed the car was sluggish around town with them on and they kept on coming off the spark plugs, 2 weeks later they are in the bin.

I did get Beru ones from GSF they were £63 but that was five years ago, so probably not much help.

They said at my school i should have tried harder......... :bonk:

Edited by daleyboy

The good thing about the BBT ones is that the ends are reusable - they have a brass self-tapping thread inside the boot and you can just twist them on and off. I'm running a set right now and they work perfectly with the new cable I bought; cost was approx £3/metre so the full set including connectors owes me under £30. In my opinion the vast majority of 'performance' leads are just overpriced snake-oil - try building your own, you may be surprised!

Stone