Sign in to follow this  
ray_vr6

Instrument Cluster Dismantling

Can anyone tell me if its possible to remove the clear plastic front from its housing (by housing I mean the part that you remove to access the dials/needles/bulbs etc).

Cheers

Ray (VR6)

CCGB Mem. No. 846

Apparently it IS possible to remove the clear part from the black part, as you'd have to do this to fit these aluminium/carbon fibre clock surrounds... I have no idea how you'd do it though, and be VERY careful if you do try it as the clear plastic is well glued in and quite fragile! :?

Yes it is the clear plastic part that I meant and as Henny suggests it must be possible. At least I have a spare unit if it all goes pear shaped!!!

Errrr - Yes - what I was asking about is how to remove the clear plastic front from unit pictured (after you have futher removed the cover enclosure - using the two small srews at each side) so that all you are left with is a single "sheet" of transparent plastic).

hans,he needs to remove the clear plastic from the black plastic surround so he can fit some new clock bezzels

Does that mean that after fitting bezzels you can't have the clear plastic on at all? Doesn't sound like the best idea to me :?

Just to clear (no pun intended!) things up - I don't intend to fit a bezzel cover but bezzel rings - which I could do without taking off front plastic cover but I would prefer too for various reasons namely I found you need to glue them in and it proved a bit messy (i.e. I bu**ered it up!!!!!)

Thanks dazztvr6 - I will pm cheesy.

:oops: