Storm Warning

Natural Progression?

I've been fortunate enough of late to have had the option to leave the Storm at home and try a different daily hack, its the red one in the pic!. Its the first car since the Storm thats given me such a buzz. Trouble is it has to go back soon, been amazing but now a bit scared about how I will feel next week when I jump back behind the trusty VR lump. hey ho...

Well you've been very lucky to have such a treat ;)

I've heard a few people say that the R8 almost feels like the Corrados bigger brother.

I'd love to have a go in one!

I've heard a few people say that the R8 almost feels like the Corrados bigger brother .....

I have heard a few on here say this before as well but surely its laughable ...... Storm Warning ?

I agree with the comments about them feeling like a Corrado - just louder, faster, and way more fun to drive. I can't explain it but the Corrado does feel like it has some kind of DNA in there somewhere - in the way the car feels when you drive it, your driving position, etc.

So was it the V8 or the V10? Looks like the V10 with those wheels.. and c'mon, tell us some more about how you came to be driving that for a while?? :)

It is a V10 Spyder, owned by my boss who is away. He knows I like cars so entrusted me with the keys :-) Can't decide if I'm more impressed by his generosity or trust!

I have been lucky enough do drive a few high end motors like, Ferraris, Aston, Lambo but never long enough to really live with them. I've been to the shops, done the school run, commuted, been out to meetings and had a little weekend drive out, so just as I would the Corrado.

It is awesome car, such power and control, great looks and a sound track that is addictive, words cannot describe the attack on your ears... and yes, there is some odd C DNA can't quite put a finger on it but feel its the weight of the steering and that squat heavy tightening feeling you get breaking in a corner in the VR. there is also the fact it sounds amazing. I wonder too, if I had time, to take some proportion measurements, seat, steering wheel, bottom of window lines and see if they are similar to the Corrado. Perhaps is just that we want it to feel that way! and that really its the trick of new fast leather smelling car experience.

I'm going to be gutted to hand it back, I would have loved to take the opportunity to get a test drive in a V8 Coupe back to back (but none forsale near me) as if I was to be able to get one in comming years that the likely candidate.

Probably the most impressive thing is the ease of driving, its so so easy. My corrado takes way more effort to drive in traffic or at any speed. I actually don't think I've ever hopped into a car and go so confident so quickly of feel of controls. The other amazing thing is the MPG. The computer is showing a 'trip' average of 16mpg, looks like thats over 7k of its 10k life. I'm getting 18mpg on my route to work and just over 20 if a longer journey. Thats not granny driving nor is it balls-out, just pretty regualar with occasionally spirited driving.

Well, one thing is for sure I have been grinning like im high since I've had it, day and night! really puts you in a good mood.

When for a nice run last night, just handed keys back :-( awaiting delivery of new front discs and pads for Storm, should be an interesting drive when it is sorted.

I bet it got a lot of attention. Were you using it as your daily then for the duration of looking after it?

Probably the most impressive thing is the ease of driving, its so so easy. My corrado takes way more effort to drive in traffic or at any speed. I actually don't think I've ever hopped into a car and go so confident so quickly of feel of controls.

Audi have very nicely proven that Supercars don't have to be recalcitrant pigs to drive. I honestly think Lambo would have gone under if it wasn't for Audi's intervention. The Murciealago would just have ended up being another horrible Diablo. Audi are world leaders in market research. They seem to know what their customers want before their customers even do themselves :D

It does make you wonder - I found the Murcielago VERY intimidating to drive, very heavy, very wide, limited visibility, etc.. if the Murcielago is supposed to be easy to drive I hate to think what the Diablo or the Countach were like to drive :|

with all this in mind, and last weeks news...................... it does bring to mind, the inevitable possibility of audi's V8's/V10's finding there way into 911's? what would this even create? :dance:

Porsche will never ditch their beloved flat 6.

In a way, all these companies marrying eachother is kind of producing a ham sandwich Supercar market. They'll all lose their qualities that made them unique. How many Supercars will end up using the same Audi V10? And how many Supercars will end up with the same Audi Switch gear and Double clutch gearbox? People bought Lambos because they were Lambos and 911s because they're 911s. If they all merge into one.....hmmmmm.....sod that. The kit car industry will rocket again :D

although the thought of a V10 911 does make me wee a little bit. i completely agree with you on that mate. a cars individuality is its selling point, its character, its soul. But sadly in today's climate it seems you can only go one of three ways:

-You belong to a stupidly rich billionaire so funds are not a problem (Spyker)

-You sell out and loose everything you ever stood for (Lancia)

-Or you keep your originality and high production costs and individuality of build in every single model and series, making no compromise of cost or taking any notice of the current climate you are in... inevitably ending up going bust (Bristol :( )

seems to be the sad but true reality of it all :(

Yes, it does get a huge amount of attention, the sound wakes up people followed by the colour. Ah well, was fun while it lasted, was an honour and a pleasure. In someways its focused me to sort the Storms niggles and also to find away to earn the money to add to my car collection :-)

Oh, I did see one Corrado while I was driving (near nottingham) still gave them a nod :-) also, the corrado that makes an appearance on the dash, but I can't upload the picture for some reason.

Yes, it does get a huge amount of attention, the sound wakes up people followed by the colour. Ah well, was fun while it lasted, was an honour and a pleasure. In someways its focused me to sort the Storms niggles and also to find away to earn the money to add to my car collection :-)

Oh, I did see one Corrado while I was driving (near nottingham) still gave them a nod :-) also, the corrado that makes an appearance on the dash, but I can't upload the picture for some reason.

I'm going to guess automatic spoiler switch? ;)