ST0RMF0RCE

?? Car not starting in hot weather !!!!!???

Hey all,

bit of a strange one...

Car wont start if it has been sitting in direct sunlight for a while - i get no buzz when i turn ignition and left electric window doesnt work but seems to click from behind driver seat ( fuel pump maybe ? ) . I am no expert when it comes to wiring, but this does seem strange - starts ok in evening when cooled down and electrics go back to normal.

Car alarm used to go off constantly in hot weather - not doing it now but maybe a connection there ???

Trying to get car to garage to fix radiator / overheating problem but the fe#ker wont start in the sun !!!!

Thx for looking and any advice gratefully recieved - like i say is booked into garage for some tlc so would be good if I could get a few pointers for mech to go on,

Pete

Car is obd2 vr6 conversion.

thx,

i did search and looked at this - maybes didnt read properly though :/ - i thought the thread stated was for cars that had been running - mine has this issue with the engine cold.....

would there be enough heat from direct sunlight to cause this issue ??

thx again

pete

Sounds like it might be a problem with the alarm/immobiliser, was it factory fitted what type of alarm is it? does it have movement detectors on the front pillars?

Someone mentions about their car not starting, then being fine when after a bit of a temperature drop iirc. I didnt look through the whole thread again sorry mate but I think its in there somewhere.

Can you work out what sensor set the alarm off, can count flashes on the vag alarm.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk 2