moneypit23

Moneypit23 new daily (bike)

The bike bug has bitten again so a few hours after passing my test i bought myself a 2001 zxr 400.

My commute isn't very long and the roads are quite shoddy in places so i'd rather not use the VR but a stiff little sports bike (no logic, i know).

Anyway, it means the car isn't doing unnecessary mileage and i can do all those niggly jobs and not have to worry about putting everything back together for monday.

Nice always wanted to do my bike test but never got round to it , 400s are nippy little bikes my mate had a vfr 400 and another had the rvf 400

Congrats on passing if i ever do mine it will be for a supermoto

Another person here who's thought about learning to ride a motorbike! How difficult did you find it, and was it pricey to do? Did you do an intensive course or just chip away at it?

Anyway - nice wheels. Hope you enjoy them :)

Nice bike but I had a VFR400 for a while and found if you were in "full attack mode" it was great but commuting on it was a pain in several ways. But that was 18 miles into central london!

When I did my bike test (2000) I did the Direct Access which was one day Compulsory Basic Training (CBT) on a 125 then three days on a 500 cc bike and the test at 8:30 on the fifth day. I found it a very good way to do it and had motivated myself by ordering an SV650s for delivery on the sixth day. No idea what the prices are now though.

Another person here who's thought about learning to ride a motorbike! How difficult did you find it, and was it pricey to do? Did you do an intensive course or just chip away at it?

Anyway - nice wheels. Hope you enjoy them :)

I've had about 13-15 hrs of training to pass both tests but i had a 125 for a couple of years and obviously i drive so i picked it up pretty easily.

It was £50 for two hours training which i used to do (rather than full days) because i think you take more in and don't get bored and lose concentration.

If you haven't done it before you have to do the CBT which is a few hours and about £100. Test fees were £15 (+40 for the bike) and £75 (+40 for the bike) but it doesn't seem too bad if you do it over a couple of months. Definitely worth it and it makes you (in my opinion) a better driver.

Nice bike but I had a VFR400 for a while and found if you were in "full attack mode" it was great but commuting on it was a pain in several ways. But that was 18 miles into central london!

Ooh I had a VFR400 as well. Such a great little bike! I'd have another if they weren't so damned expensive to maintain. To be honest, they're a bit like Corrados in that regard!

When I did my bike test (2000) I did the Direct Access which was one day Compulsory Basic Training (CBT) on a 125 then three days on a 500 cc bike and the test at 8:30 on the fifth day.

Ditto.

I failed the test because I was apparently 'too confident' and I clipped the kerb on the U turn test. The examiner was a retired police general and right miserable *******. He was well known for failing people he just didn't like the look of. Of course I was confident! I was a car driver for 10 years before doing my bike test and he picked the narrowest street in the town to do the U turn. A total knob.

But on the way back to instructor's place after the test, I rode down a ditch because I didn't lean the bike over enough in the turn. At that point I decided bikes weren't for me :lol:

Another person here who's thought about learning to ride a motorbike!

I'd recommend it, Jim. I passed my test in 1998 doing the 3 day course as I'd always wanted to ride big bikes since I was a kid. I found it pretty straightforward. I thought I'd messed up the test when I forgot to cancel my indicator after a corner for what was probably just a few seconds (seemed liked ages). But the former army colonel who was my examiner gave me a pass! Result. I'm not into sports bikes really, more like sports tourers. Can't wait to get my new garage built so I can buy my next bike and will hopefully go over to Europe with the missus.

Nice bike mate , i've gotta gsxr 750 k6 passed my test when i was 17 (14 years ago) and it was cheap back then. I make up for it know tho by spunking cash on power commander , tires and track days lol enjoy stay safe