Jim

Car Meet, Huddersfield, 8th September.. with a difference..

I just read about this on Pistonheads.. terribly sad story but a great chance for the internet based car forums to show their strength.

http://bbs.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/947972-losing-my-son-please-help.html

If anyone is local and can make it, I'm sure it'd be a great day out with a wide variety of great cars, and would be a great gesture. I'm occupied that weekend otherwise I'd have definitely made the trip up in the Corrado.

Cheers.

Look on the last page at the list! I think they'll have enough cars... You're right, great to see all the forums come together like that for a good cause.

Im going to attend this i think is there any mention on how many spaces there are ??

Family must be devastated right now its a real shame

Should be a good day for all enthusiasts from all corners of the car world

---------- Post added at 9:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 8:43 PM ----------

Also can anyone on a computer post the venue its now at as i cant find it on my phone all i know is it starts at one

The address is apparently FRED LAWTON LTD MELTHAM MILLS INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, MELTHAM HUDDERSFIELD,HD9 4AY.

I'll be making the journey there, apparently with another 10-12 local cars so if anyone sees my corrado (red, low, 16x9 brock wheels) come say hello!

The address is apparently FRED LAWTON LTD MELTHAM MILLS INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, MELTHAM HUDDERSFIELD,HD9 4AY.

I'll be making the journey there, apparently with another 10-12 local cars so if anyone sees my corrado (red, low, 16x9 brock wheels) come say hello!

Cheers for the adress dave , im a bit worried now that just turning up is a bad idea as it seems like a full event , not sure if you have to be on the list or not and weather there is enough space to get parked up

I looked at this as well. I don't know whether it has gotten to big for it to run smoothly.. Long way to travel to be turned away..

Obviously i hope it is a success...

Well to be honest I'm not counting on even getting in a car park and with soo many people wandering around I'm not sure I'd even like to be in with the main crowd, I'm mainly going to obviously show support and also see the cars that are going. People can't turn you away from Huddersfield, there will be a place to park somewhere.

Have you taken a look at some of the cars supposedly attending? If it turns out well then this will likely be the first car meet I've been to in years where its an actual car meet as opposed to a dub meet or a jap meet etc.

Yea i suppose your right dave and i did flick through the list some of the cars sound very nice , im a bit gutted this afternoon now as a job im on just went tits up wich means thursday nights job just turned in to friday nights job so ill be home about 2 in morning , then working a full sunday and away again next week means i have to spend a bit if time with the missus on saturday , sometimes i fukin hate my job