fitcy

VR6 BBS RS wheels

Hi folks, i've just recently acquired a Corrado, i'm not entirely happy with the dated look of the Solitudes, so i bought these refurbished 16" BBS wheels...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]69364[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]69365[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]69366[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]69367[/ATTACH]

I still haven't recieved them yet, but to my dismay i've just realised they are only 6J wide. I want to keep them cause i love the look of them and think they'll look well on the Corrado.

My question is... what is the widest (and safe) tyre i can put on them?

nice wheels,just get a decent spacer kit mate,10mm on fronts and 20-25 on the rears

would bring them out loverly!! as per youre Q the max id go would be 215 on a 6j rim.

(this is by no mean proffesional advice mate,just an opinion).

Thanks Steve, i was thinking 205s but hoping 215s would've been a safe limit, yeah didn't think about spacers.

Any idea on what profile of tyres? I don't want to add coilover to lower it or anything like that, i want to keep the car as standard as much as possible.

i'd be very very surprised if they're 6j. these came on a mk3 in 7j and mk4 in 6.5j. mk4 being much more common.

on the basis that they're 6.5 they'd be the same as standard corrado wheels so would recommend 205/45/16.

if they are 6j i'll eat my hat and then recommend 195/45/16s.

Nice wheels :D

You'll want 45 profile, with 205s at least.

Thanks CM, can i still use the 45 profile on 215s?

Ooo very nice

Thanks Jim, that's what i thought too, before reading what width they were lol

---------- Post added at 12:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 AM ----------

i'd be very very surprised if they're 6j. these came on a mk3 in 7j and mk4 in 6.5j. mk4 being much more common.

on the basis that they're 6.5 they'd be the same as standard corrado wheels so would recommend 205/45/16.

You just brought a smile to my face BB, i hope your right (and not have to eat your hat lol).

I bought them on Ebay, here's the link...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221118613642?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Hope the seller made a mistake.

Do you think 215s will not be safe mate?

Thanks BB, i do hope your right mate (and not have to eat your hat lol)

I bought them from Ebay...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221118613642?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Hopefully they seller made a mistake.

If they do happen to 6j do you think 215s would be unsafe?

Thanks for the replys guys,

I think Bristolbaron is right (you might not need to eat your hat lol)

I bought the wheels on Ebay and i think the seller made a mistake in his listing...

His listing says... Rim Width: 6J

But after a few google searches i was able to find a set (BBS RS 771 Split Rims) that are 6.5j, that little half an inch means alot lol

215/45/16s would be perfectly fine imo mate,if they are a 6.5j that is.

There does seem to be some confusion on the seller part as the listing title says 6.5j ...

45 profile is huge mate, 40 profile would look perfect on these wheels. not just cus im selling some! but i do have some brand new 215/40/16 tyres for sale aswell mate! match made in heaven?

LINK BELOW

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?76537-BRAND-NEW!-TWO-TYRES-FOR-SALE!-2x-215-40-16-Falken-%A3100

Tbh with all due respect to you older lot im very surprised so many of you are recommending 45 profile on a 16" rim on a rado, would make issues regarding arch gap etc...., i mean the standard tyres on the 15" speedlines are a 50 profile, so given your increasing the rim size by an inch i would highly recommend you reduce the tyres profile from 50 to 40 if you want to keep the ride height arch gap the same and not mess around with the genomics of the car. putting 45 profile on a 16" J on those wheels from a style point of view would also be border line silly. Reason for me selling my tyres is the 40 profile is to big and im now getting some 245/35/16's. take the advice you wish, but i think you would end up disappointed with monster truck 45's! only benefits i can see is they alot cheaper!?

45 profile is huge mate, 40 profile would look perfect on these wheels. not just cus im selling some! but i do have some brand new 215/40/16 tyres for sale aswell mate! match made in heaven?

LINK BELOW

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?76537-BRAND-NEW!-TWO-TYRES-FOR-SALE!-2x-215-40-16-Falken-%A3100

Tbh with all due respect to you older lot im very surprised so many of you are recommending 45 profile on a 16" rim on a rado, would make issues regarding arch gap etc...., i mean the standard tyres on the 15" speedlines are a 50 profile, so given your increasing the rim size by an inch i would highly recommend you reduce the tyres profile from 50 to 40 if you want to keep the ride height arch gap the same and not mess around with the genomics of the car. putting 45 profile on a 16" J on those wheels from a style point of view would also be border line silly. Reason for me selling my tyres is the 40 profile is to big and im now getting some 245/35/16's. take the advice you wish, but i think you would end up disappointed with monster truck 45's! only benefits i can see is they alot cheaper!?

With all due respect my young padawan with age comes knowledge.

205/50/15

205/45/16

205/40/17

Is the correct route to follow.

205/40/16 would be far too low.

I'm on my phone so can't provide the necessary links to show this, but you're way off.

However, if he was to go for a 215, then a 40 Profile would be better suited, making your tyres ideal!

Oh and btw, your new tyres will have exactly the same profile as the ones youre selling :lol:

Oh and btw, your new tyres will have exactly the same profile as the ones youre selling :lol:

LOOKEY HERE! MR BACON! (hahaha good times) i said the ones im selling are 40 profile, the ones im buying are 35..... excuse my idiocy but please explain your comment?

---------- Post added at 11:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 AM ----------

(BUY MY TIRES).................. and............... i was taking lows into consideration.

Let me begin by apologizing for the repeat posting in the first page. When clicking the reply botton after writing each of those posts (with the link to Ebay) the forum thru me out of the site. After taking a while to get back into the Forum, I then saw that my post wasn't displayed, so i wrote another, then it happened again and again, so i gave up lol, thank God, cause i would have looked even more silly now. I think (cause i'm new) the Forum needed the posts to pass the moderators incase i was advertising stuff.

Lovely wheels, but be cautious about using aluminium wheel spacers:

Thanks for the link JS, i don't think i'll use spacer after reading that link, although, i won't be using my car on a track.

Shoulda bought these ones >> tyres included and the cash you saved would have painted the centres :smug:

I always notice this happens when i think i get a bargain, but hopefully i'll be well please when i mine arrive.

215/45/16s would be perfectly fine imo mate,if they are a 6.5j that is.

Yeah, i'm near sure they are the 6.5j wheels so i'll be getting 215s, thanks mate.

There does seem to be some confusion on the seller part as the listing title says 6.5j ...

Yeah, the tittle say 6,5 (which thru me off) but the listing says 6j, twice.

I'm sorry EJ, i live in N.Ireland and shipping would be quite expensive, thanks anyway mate.

Wow, are mine too cheap? :lol:

I hope so lol

LOOKEY HERE! MR BACON! (hahaha good times) i said the ones im selling are 40 profile, the ones im buying are 35..... excuse my idiocy but please explain your comment?

---------- Post added at 11:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 AM ----------

(BUY MY TIRES).................. and............... i was taking lows into consideration.

okay, so heres the very quick answer [im getting ready for work]

you are probably thinking that 40/35 etc is the depth of the tyre in mm. it's not, its the percentage of half of the width of the tyre.

so a 205/40 actually stands for 205mm divided by two [102.5] times by 40% = 41mm depth.

a 245/35 would be 245mm divided by two [122.5] times by 35% = 42.8mm depth.

they will actually have a thicker side profile then the old wheels, but not in proportion to the width percentage.

hope that makes sense, if not search tyre size calculations or i'll try and reply again after work!

Baz

DAM! i didn't know that man! seriously never new! yer tbh i did always think is was just a measurement of the tyre wall! my apolagies SIR BACON. however the 245/35 is for the 9j rear, as i no longer want stretch, the 7j front are receiving 215/35 :) thanks though!

Thanks CM, can i still use the 45 profile on 215s?

Possibly, but the width can affect the tyre wall. You may be able to get away with profile 40 on 215s but check a tyre calculator via google to see how much it'll put the speedo out with each profile for 215s. But its def 40 profile for 205s

Ah thanks guys, i did a google search and found this site, i should have done this in the first place lol.

These measurements are for the stantard wheel size, with tyre 205/50 R15...

http://mcgrefer.com/sizeinfo/2055015

Overall diameter of the standard tyre is 586mm, and 205mm wide

These measurements are for the 16" rims with 215/45 R16 tyres...

http://mcgrefer.com/sizeinfo/2154516

Overall diameter of the 16" rims with 215/45 R16 tyres is 599.9mm, and 215mm wide

Making these 14mm bigger (7mm closer to the arch)

and 10mm wider (another 5mm closer to arch)

These measurements are for the 16" rims with 215/40 R16 tyres...

http://mcgrefer.com/sizeinfo/2154016

Overall diameter of the 16" rims with 215/45 R16 tyres is 578.4mm, and 215mm wide

Making these 7.6mm smaller (nearly 4mm further away from the arch)

and 10mm wider (another 5mm closer to arch)

So i think the 215/40 R16 tyres would be the way to go, thanks very much for your help guys, much appreciated.