bristolbaron

Bristolbaron's BBM Charged G60 : Leaving so soon?!

So anyone that's followed my ridiculous Corrado path will have seen that my R32 Corrado has moved waaay up north and is now rehomed in Scotland with clumpy1

The R32 was awesome, but throughout pretty much my whole ownership of the car I was constantly worried about it. I don't have a garage at home and wouldn't leave it on the road so it lived at a rented garage a couple of miles away. I made the decision that once I'd 'finished' the car, I'd put it up for sale and buy a fairly cheap VR6 that I could leave outside and not be too bothered if it got scratched, dented, whatever.

James got in touch and offered up his car as PX, my initial reaction was that it was again too modified for me to leave at home and it probably wouldn't work for me, but after chatting for a while a plan fell in place and we met and exchanged cars. With 400 miles between us, there was a lot riding on photographs, descriptions and honesty and James is a man of his word. After four hours of car chat and putting the world to rights I was driving back from our badly lit carpark meeting place in a BBM G60!

Here's a run down of spec:

Engine:

2000cc VW long block new as of late 2002 from TSR Motorsport.

8v pack'C' big valve gas flowed cylinder head new as of late 2002 from TSR Motorsport.

146355 genuine car miles.

22579 genuine engine miles since engine change. Engine changed at 123776 car miles.

Schrick 285 cam and Piper vernier pulley.

Bahn Brenner twin screw compressor.

Bahn Brenner silencer kit.

Bahn Brenner rigid intercooler piping.

Custom front mounted oil cooler.

Grey injectors.

Jabba sport induction kit.

TSR stainless steel 4-1 sports exhaust manifold.

Powerflow full stainless steel exhaust system and custom back box.

Japspeed decat.

AVO Coilovers

Exterior:

Late exterior, bonnet, wings etc

TSW 17" Venom alloy wheels

Interior:

Full black leather

VDO twin gauge pod: Boost/Battery

G60 Leather 3 spoke steering wheel

Ice:

Sony Xplod full sound system with 750W amp and twin subwoofers boxed in the boot.

Subs are enclosed in a custom sub box against the back seats.

I was more than happy with the engine work done, the previous father/son team have done a cracking job using the right components to build a strong, reliable engine. Their weakness though was more than obvious by a lot of their choices: Styling! :cuckoo:

Luckily, I've done this enough times by now to work out that pretty much everything bad about the car can be easily swapped back and after only 10 days of ownership i'm nearly there! The Venom's should be off by the end of the week and the car should be a cracking all rounder. I'm not taking everything completely back to standard and the temptation is still there to play with things like flushed front and rear bumpers as they need paint anyway, but that will be a winter project if I take it that far. So some pics! There's plenty more to come, especially once the wheels are swapped for 17" BBS RX's which are being collected from refurb tomorrow.

For now, just another thank you to James and the photos.

Cheers

Baz

Swap over day:

423649_10151043165556769_1470199129_n.jpg

Interior before:

479911_10151055437431769_1859160952_n.jpg

Interior now:

581500_10151055452486769_1776473603_n.jpg

Front now:

408446_10151055450836769_1086313576_n.jpg

Rear now:

601612_10151055450176769_662390117_n.jpg

Edited by bristolbaron

Looks good mate

It is good mate the engine is very well put together and really does pull like a train very strong if the baron sells this on someone will get a very good car as i know he will make it look the dog's in the styling department:awesome:

Can't see the pictures for some reason, but I used to LOVE TSW Venoms. When I was 17 I wanted a set so bad.....shame they haven't aged too well!

Cheers guys.. bonnet replaced today as old one was pretty tatty around the front. new ones not mint, but had a quote for painting the front end which i'm considering.

Wheels are back from refurb and looking a lot better. Tyres on monday then ready to fit and need to look at exhaust options! Getting there though!

cheers! Oh yeah, the bay!! How did i forget! :bonk:

It could really do with a tidy up under there, it had a load of stickers which have been removed, but all the wiring has been wrapped in red electrical tape. At some point the plan is to rewrap everything in the oem cloth tape and then look at neatening other stuff. poss battery move to boot etc. However, as long as its all working as it should its not top priority..

561122_10151055444531769_1682781836_n.jpg

Updates!

I've had a productive week, fitting black side repeaters, a knackered splitter, sorting a blowing exhaust, removing the rear wiper, fitting refurbed BBS RX'x in 17x7.5 and a replacement bonnet as the old one had a dodgy touch up. The car's now pretty much how I want it, I just need to polish the bonnnet as it's a bit faded and clean the splitter. [this is being replaced for a tidier one on sunday anyway]

It's been such an easy car to sort out, with the things i dont like being simple swaps. Theres loads more I could do, repainting front end and possibly replacing the whole exhaust system but im not yet sure i want to spend the money :lol:

next on the list is find a replacement for the centre cap which fell off on my way home from the tyre fitters :censored: and maybe fit all red rears..

Heres some more pics of where we are so far..

76878_10151064217106769_2016148798_n.jpg

300912_10151064219846769_850169168_n.jpg

307962_10151064221871769_1149411309_n.jpg

557228_10151064223181769_77679379_n.jpg

156230_10151064223586769_1727016866_n.jpg

Thanks again for the comments guys, and thanks Andy for the bonnet!

Managed to get it polished and waxed after work today, just before the rain kicked in.. ideal for a beading shot :lol:

Rear Before:

76533_10151055447556769_23759893_n.jpg

Rear After:

387565_10151065104991769_795307471_n.jpg

Bonnet Polished:

267489_10151065105821769_1511553709_n.jpg

Well here she is looking lovely at Sundays meet..

542012_10151069604891769_2133188492_n.jpg

Things took a bit of an unexpected turn on saturday with a bit of late night bidding. My initial plan of selling the R32 and buying a VR6 daily is kind of back on again. I've just got back from collecting a VR6 from Reading, leaving the G60 already surplus to requirements! :scratch: :bonk:

I think i've done a decent job of tidying it up a bit for a new owner, however I can't justify taking it further with paint etc now i've taken on the VR6.

My biggest question mark is over how to price it! Based on the for sale ad HERE from when clumpy1 bought it and then money i've spent improving it I should be asking about 5k :lol: but being that it really does need the front end blowing over thats not realistic.

I'm gonna get some more photos together over the next week and then look at advertising soon after. I hope number 8 is going to be the last one, i can't take much more excitment! :lol: :scrambleup:

Number 8!!!!

Your a patient man...

Should never have got rid of the aqua g60 though.

I'm constantly umming and arring about a no5 for me. I just don't want to do it untill I know it's perfect or it'll be sold in months lol.

Dear me baz u change them more than I have hot dinners :) hope sale goes well and u happy with the outcome

Cheers for the comments guys. Yes, it's getting a bit silly now, especially when i buy about 5 sets of wheels per car too :lol:

My wife is rediculously understanding. My dining room currently has 5 sets of alloys, 2 sets of tyres and various boxes of 'car stuff' taking over :nono:

I'll do [another] build thread for the VR6 soon including photos. I put it through for MOT today and it passed, with just advisories on two front tyres. :dance:

It's now taxed and I took it straight over to my friends garage to start stripping out the broken heater matrix. Everythings out, so will collect a new one before work tomorrow and fit it Friday.

Andy, idle now seems much better, I think it needed a clearout! I'm going to refit the standard airbox too as it has a dodgy cone filter. It's dying for a new exhaust too, the 12" halfords jobbie is not doing it any favours! In general though, i'm really impressed.. The paints tidy, interior immaculate and underneath is completely rust free.

I'm currently a very happy, but very tired boy!

Glad the idle's sorted out- really annoying when you can't find the cause of something like that. Any pics? Wanna see the interior ;)