Nathan Harvey

Think I've just totalled my VR 😥

On the way to a powerlifting comp yesterday , I was in the inside lane on the A1 miles away from the car in front he slammed on in his new merc flashing lights and all , I went straight into the outside lane to avoid but he then swapped lanes 2 pretty much the length of the drivers side of my c needs paint, new front wing and wing mirror , minor scratch on his bumper . Insurance is coming to look at it I've gotta feeling its gonna be a total loss 😞

Not good mate but at least your ok..............might be an opportunity to get it painted etc.......if its a write off you could get it back and get the work done and probably still have cash left over?

I had someone bump me last year, scuffed the drivers wing and front bumper, i was offered £1200 and it being written off and keeping it. Or £800 , no write off and still keeping it. I took option b as i had a spare wing in the correct colour :)

According to the letter of the law you were driving behind him so you are technically at fault unless you can prove he purposly breaked causing you to go into the back of him any witnesses?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Really ? well never mind i guess these things happen i suppose , no witnesses it was early morning. I intend in keeping the car if total loss see how much they give me and buy another vr keep this one for spares lol

I would be heart broken if this happened to me, but hopefully the news you get will be better than you are currently expecting.

Have to say though - its you that matters, so good to hear you are OK.

Fingers crossed for you.

Thanks guys , like i said i'm 100% getting another vr if this is the end of the line for mine. I asked the wife if she wanted me to get a v6 mk4 or maybe a passat v6 , she said no get another vr . Looking at it thru the window at the min , and i'm gutted lol my first accident ever in 14 years of driving sods law it would be in my pride and joy :(

It depends on your insurance !

When mine was hit,(I have agreed value) I met the estimator with a very thick file of receipts,he valued my car more then my agreed value !

I got mine done, because of its age,I could use a mix of old and new parts !

Good luck

P.S how did you get on in the competition ?

Shame abt the car, hope it goes all well with the insurance!

Heavy squat! I can manage 120 but doubt any more, knees kill after a bit,

Unless I strap them up!

This is why im looking at getting a camera for the car.

Had a my 8v Corrado written off because a moron in a van decided to slam the anchors in the middle of a duel carriageway, on becuase the guy behind him pished him off earlier - i went into the back of the car he did it to. Police werent interested and i got the blame from the insurance.

Going though the "investigation" stage with my insurance company at the moment for an accident back in April: guy overtook on the wrong side, jumped in front of me without seeing the queue I was braking for already, and stood on his brakes. Wet road, no ABS, slid into the back of him :(

perhaps if you explain the"he changed lanes" bit after you'd already took evasive action to miss him

then the blame may end up at his door. i hope so for you mate anyway.

good luck with it all.

So wait, The both yourself and the car in front were in the inside lane (on the left). He hit the brakes hard you changed to the outside lane (on the right) to avoid the collision. As you were level with him he decided he wanted to change lane and you collided.

If I have understood that right then surely you mean the passenger side of the car or you got inside and outside the wrong way around.

Anyway - If he brakes hard but you had to perform a maneuver to avoid him, the collision happened because he unsafely changed into the lane after you had entered it -then surely that can't be classed as a rear end accident. I believe it is technically his fault as he clearly has not used his mirrors to check that, A) He could safely brake that hard - given he wasn't braking to avoid a collision himself and therefore, B) Hasn't completed his mirror checks and hasn't checked his blind spots so he could see that you had already changed lanes. Also did he indicate as far as you could see? Or did he just violently pull into the lane.

I recon that's his fault to be fair depending on what the speed was. If you were over the limit then I guess it would be pretty grey ground but if both of you were doing 70 and he has slowed to say 50 just to then change lanes into you then I think its pretty much on your side.