Wullie

Considering a new career

Lost a bet today and as a result had to busk outside the local centre for 15 minutes. Made just under a tenner in that time. Now that equates to about forty quid an hour which is more than I get for a six hour day. Tempted to try it part time to see if that's an accurate figure.

I know of someone who has never worked in a normal job and only ever busked.

He manages to hold down a rented house, keep a wife and 4 children without ever claiming anything from the system.

Although because he has never put anything in either, he won't get a State Pension even

So, think in the right area, yes it does pay.

he won't get a state Pension.

I pay a lot in the pot and i bet i won't get on either lol.

Do it mate, Take 2 weeks holiday and try it full time and see what happens.

Not a pink oboe I'm afraid but a Sheridan acoustic guitar. Sang a load of folk songs and some pre Dylan anti war stuff. One woman said it was a change from all the "Rocky, shouty squeely stuff". Chucked in some poetry and the money kept flowing in. Maybe just try it out on nice days to save up for the new Audi Quattro thingy. Mind you tonight I was paid £35 and free wine for reading my poetry for 5 minutes, now if I could do that 40 hours a week that would be around £1500 a week and a constant state of inebriation.

This man started in the London underground busking his ar*e off for pennies and cheeseburgers and now he travels the world working with some of the best musicians in their field

His name: Antonio Forcione

Probably one of the worlds most expressive and most versatile guitarists I've ever heard and had the pleasure to get quite drunk with! ;)

I know of someone who has never worked in a normal job and only ever busked.

He manages to hold down a rented house, keep a wife and 4 children without ever claiming anything from the system.

Although because he has never put anything in either, he won't get a State Pension even

So, think in the right area, yes it does pay.

I thought you did.

I recall a mates mum retired a few years back and because she had always worked part time was not going to get a full state pension, she was told at the time that if she had done no work at all she would have been entitled to a full state pension!

I saw a documentary on it few years back. It was following a fella who busked in and around London, including the underground etc and he was making an absolute fortune! He'd go out at around 7am, and busk until about 7pm. He would then walk back to his 5 series bimmer, bung his "work clothes" in the boot, and drive home to his suburban semi to his wife! I don't remember how much he was averaging, but to afford a nice new car, and a nice big house on the outskirts, it must have been a pretty penny! He did say the income dropped drastically at winter though, apart from xmas, where it was the best time of the year!