CazzaVR

Disney Star Wars!

Interested to know what you all think about Disney's latest purchase! They've already started pre-production on Star Wars VII, with the other two following every couple of years. There has been an outline for the final trilogy all along- let's hope they do it justice!

Personally, I've got mixed thoughts. Disney seem to have done a great job at Marvel- they've basically let them get on with it. I hope they do something similar with Star Wars. It's a good way of getting old George out of the way- don't think I could face another Lucas script! I hope they get some really good writers/directors on board with this. Maybe Spielberg will finally get a chance as he's been desperate to direct a Star Wars flick, although I seem to remember a bit of bad blood between Dreamworks and Disney... Aparently, they don't want to make it all 'Disney-like', they want it to continue in a similar vein and really corner the teenage boy market- looks like they've pretty much got it wrapped up- Marvel + Star Wars!

What can we expect apart from the new trilogy? There's surely got to be Boba Fett movie at some stage (this has already been talked about... a lot), live action TV series (apparently similar in tone to the Galactica re-imagining), more cartoons, theme parks... There's so much scope, so long as the first movie doesn't tank.

My die-hard Star Wars friend at work is convinced it's the end...

But as someone who likes Star Wars but isn't THAT bothered by it, going on the fact that Disney own Marvel and did a great job with recent films like Avengers Assemble, it feels like they'll take care of the fans in any future movies they make. And of course Pixar, who Disney also own, seem to make continually great films.. so who knows.. :)

I'll await episode 7 in 2015 with some interest. And a little bit of concern ;)

Aye, it's gonna be interesting. My initial reaction was 'Oh no!' but then I thought about Marvel and as you say, Pixar... there's potential for some awesomeness!

Wonder what will happen with Indy as well- there's bound to be more now.

I read something that said the Indy franchise is thrown in but complications make it basically worthless to Disney, and unlikely they'll do anything with it? Not sure..

Regarding Star Wars though.. I see pictures like this and worry somewhat..

304351_164491203694789_56514845_n.jpg

Can't believe George Lucas sold out. I have this awful feeling that they're gonna ruin Star Wars. I hope I'm wrong.

If you remember back when Disney did a war film -Pearl Harbour, !

Aimed at 8 year olds,as realistic as an honest politician !

I have a bad feeling about this Chewey...

PMSL, 'That's no moon..'

Not overly happy as Disney sit right up there in my list of evil companies in the World, Avengers Assembly was already well underway prior to Disney getting their teeth into Marvel so that's not exactly a good yard stick.

Although given Lucas' recent habit of ruining the purity and edge of the original Trilogy and the hash he made with the dialogue in the most recent 3 maybe someone like Wheedon or Singer would do a far better job.