ausgolfer

water leak into passenger footwell

Hi Guys,

Wondering if there is any specific areas that seem to leak water into the passenger footwell.....I just had the windscreen replaced and thought that this would solve all y water leak issues...apparently not.

There was a good rain here last night and the passenger footwell is very damp now. I think I may have to strip out the dash to find the source. Any tips or suggestions?

Cheers.

Failing that it's probably the membrane behind the door card or a blocked sunroof drain. In that order I would suggest.

The membranes are the usual thing Carl... Mine used to leak because they had rotted away. Hope the Corrado is going well!

Don't think it is. Had the same leak as you by the way, it was the foliage cover

Have you tried the door seals mine was leaking very badly , i set up a hose pipe spraying at the car then got in a waited to see where it was coming from and the seals was the problem

Honestly I haven't had a lot of time to check lately, the joys of working at a toyota production plant :p

I do have a big suspicion it is the foliage cover though, as I saw a few drips coming down off the passenger tray under the glove compartment.