ausgolfer

Aftermarket Engine ECU what happens to MFA features?

G'day all,

Am considering running an aftermarket engine ECU but want to retain all the standard MFA features. Can this be done without too much hassle?

Yep because the mfa has nothing to do with the ecu. It uses separate sensors on the engine for oil temp and air temp

You will lose the MPG function, but as Rob says, everything else will still work.

What do they use to calculate the mpg? Mine still functions with an aftermarket ecu. Think it's as accurate as it was before?

I thought it was taken from the vacuum pipe on the back of the clocks and calculated with the speed or something?

What do they use to calculate the mpg? Mine still functions with an aftermarket ecu. Think it's as accurate as it was before?

I thought it was taken from the vacuum pipe on the back of the clocks and calculated with the speed or something?

Early cars will use the vacuum pipe as they do in Mk2 Golfs. Later Corrado's will take their MPG reading from the ECU.

Early cars will use the vacuum pipe as they do in Mk2 Golfs. Later Corrado's will take their MPG reading from the ECU.

Excellent, something new learnt there! Mine is an early car so I've got a vacuum pipe, have never taken out a set of later clocks.

Wish the mpg function didn't work, makes for depressing reading