Sean-p

Alpine whiteness inside

I like to see a guy rescuing a car and getting stuck in-you seem to have all the skills necessary. Its looking good!!

I'm near Dalton in Furness so will keep a look out for you.

My grey 16v L reg has just been put away for the Winter. I too was at Tatton (not in my corrado) but don't recall seeing your car!

Im guessing D90s are some kind of wheel???? If so no. My wheels are usually 15 inch Westwoods (fitted to late 16v and 8V corrados) but recently 17 inch Ripspeeds just for the MOT (good tyres).

Yeah i ment wheels :-) i havnt seen yours then there's a few rados around now are you a member on cumbria vag ?

Nope. Only had my Corrado since Feb and spent most of the Summer sorting out mechanical issues: shocks, wishbones, oil seals, cam belt, lambda, rear beam bushes, brakes, cracked manifold..........bonnet respray-just about sorted now. Its a Summer toy-playing with old cars helps relieve the boredom when its raining and I cant get on the fells or in the garden. Didn't know until recently that there was a VW group in Cumbria-may investigate next Spring.

Been busy then ill have to look out for it :-) yeah they've been around a couple of years now they have a show once a year ay heaves hotel and a meet once a month in milnthorpe. There on Facebook and there is a fourm but it does get used very much

Not been on in a while but got a good update got the rado some shoes :-)

They're compomotive mo's in 17x8 et 11

20130202_152324_zps21a79499.jpg

20130202_144608_zps94f86c1f.jpg

IMG_20130203_163952_zps20420ddf.jpg

And a quick p/shop in possible colour choice

IMG_20130204_190641_zps1f22dfec.jpg

I have some other colour ideas like silver or anthersite or maybe even a nice candy red what does everyone think ?

You have done a great job mate thought the wheel's in white would be too much but they look really good :wave:

I'm not a fan of white wheels either but THAT....looks the part :-)

Well done mate! Some major progress!!

So it turns out Im really crap at updating threads haha

since my last update there hasn't been a lot of work apart from the basics services and the rest I've finial got it sitting right on the 17s :) and I've decided to go stripped out interior so I bought some buckets strut brace omp steering wheel and last but not least a CAE motorsport shifter :D and to follow the motorsport theme I found some 6 pot comp-brake brake kit going cheep they came with 350mm disc's they did fit behind the wheels but tad over kill so bought some 335mm ones

20131207_145809_zpsxnvpdchy.jpg

20131207_145647_zps4cvbo8h7.jpg

got a little picture of the rado in pvw at the Cumbria vag show

IMG_20131121_182349_zps73086394.jpg

and this leave's every thing up to date some shots from elsecar on Monday

DSC_0022_zpsd8f1c5b8.jpg

DSC_0023_zps666d0c1f.jpg

10307206_10152359099393493_7428019659917655656_n_zps36a8bcc3.jpg

10274266_10152359099228493_5789535381264727463_n_zps26619aa1.jpg

1544400_10152359099233493_5932709174450993151_n_zps8153a80d.jpg

10256533_10152359099183493_2059279248755203879_n_zpse16af57c.jpg

Love it mate its wiked cool would love a shift tower like that

Why? everyone to their own an all that but don't see the attraction myself :shrug:

Because its not a bunch of hawian flowers stuck round a rear view mirrow , its not a brand new leather vw gear knob from the dealers like everyone elses its a nicely made bit of kit that stands out from the crowd , and i love the track car look , its down to business and it looks fun to be in and thays what im all about , dont get me wrong i love attention to detail iv seen chrisl's car a few times over the last couple of weeks and its amazing but for me its all about being purpose full and a bit different to everyone else , apart from that this thing is cool as hell

Because its not a bunch of hawian flowers stuck round a rear view mirrow , its not a brand new leather vw gear knob from the dealers like everyone elses its a nicely made bit of kit that stands out from the crowd , and i love the track car look , its down to business and it looks fun to be in and thays what im all about , dont get me wrong i love attention to detail iv seen chrisl's car a few times over the last couple of weeks and its amazing but for me its all about being purpose full and a bit different to everyone else , apart from that this thing is cool as hell

Not Dissing Matt but where does a track inspired gear shift fit in with the rest of the car??? A 2.0 16v with no other track inspired mod's done. I love track inspired car's this just isn't there yet....

I think the gear shifter would look better if it wasn't on top of the plastic centre consul, maybe if that was stripped out and a similar handbrake fitted. The car looks really cool though.

Yeah that is the plan im going to pull all around the handbrake out and get the gear stick a little lower

looks great sean didnt realise you had stripped it all out got the shifter etc what engine you thinking of putting in?

neil

Yeah the seats where a bit tatty and always fancied some bucket seats :)

Engine wise think im going to go 1.8t then go gt28 but see where it goes from there

So its been a while I'm the worst at keeping things up to date. It seems thing have gone backwards haha

I moved in to a unit with a few mates and before long I had a shell of a corrado

IMAG0003_zpsdyekmhcc.jpg

So the plan is track car I'm slowly building an engine I've got a 1.8t block that has been bored out I have pistons to match and a 2.0 tfsi crank

IMAG0033_zps5p6mcpxk.jpg

IMAG0034_zpscgspvgmx.jpg

IMAG0057_zpspxgchro4.jpg

Next in the list are some rods

Thanks for looking