Wendy

Monthly Evening Meet - Friday Jan 4th - Solihull

Hi Everyone,

Next Meeting Friday 4th January at 7.30. Table booked for 9pm

The Orange Tree, Chadwick End, Solihull. B93 0BN

Join us for dinner and or drinks

Good size Car Park, lovely venue, menu looks fab - http://www.lovelypubs.co.uk/venues/the-orange-tree/food

Hope lots of folk will join us.

Attending :-

Me - Wendy

Bryd - Jason

Jim

Tempest - Eric

Wapadrand - Clive

Dude VR6 - Miles

Edited by Wendy

I will try to make it.

Was planning on attending the Xmas fair in Brum but had late notice of visitors turning up...after convincing my wife of the day out!!

C'mon the more the merrier!!!, i am looking forward to this as will only be back in uk in a few years time! Unless you lot want to come over to south africa on a tour, the bentley owners do it!! Look forward to the 4th jan....jason

I have just got back from 3 days at relatives in Solihull in my Corrado, M25 was a carpark from M40 to A3! Couldn't have stayed till the 4th, though wish I had after that journey. Relatives know that Pub well and said how lovely it is. I will hopefully align a future visit to relatives with a meet near Solihull area. Be good to put a few faces to names and see a few cars together

Ah pity beeilzebub Been staying near solihull and been driving aroind loads, in and out of BBirmingham, down to london and not seen a single corrado yet!!!! And i have been on the look out......they seem rarer here than they are at home and i think there are only 8 in SA!!!

:( Finish work at 6, wouldn't get there until 8pm at the earliest.

Aim for Northampton next time!! ;)

So that means u will only miss out on 1 pint.....8'o'clock is fine!:thumbleft:

Reluctantly took the decision to SORN my Corrado today so won't be able to bring it to the meet - will be in my daily driver I'm afraid :( Got some mechanical jobs which need doing on the Corrado which make me think doing any more miles in it till they're fixed is not a good idea.. and of course cleaned out after christmas so didn't want to pay up for the road tax!

The Car Park is big - just ensure you park your daily's at the other end !!!! :D

Happy New Year and See you on Friday.

ah, needs must....bummer for me though! Still be good to meet u there, weather reports looking good so maybe some of the others willcome in their c's.......

---------- Post added at 5:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 5:55 PM ----------

Almost forgot......., happy new year to u al!!!!!!!l, see u on friday!

Hopefully Miles (Dude VR6) is joining us too.

Might be a little late - only 15 mins max.! Depends what time Miles can get away from work and how dry the roads are !! :D

See you this evening folks :)

This is about 8 miles from me so about as local as I could hope for.. handy!

Right, I was planning to make this as it is a friday evening after all, however my drivers door has no decided to stop unlocking.

So currently I am clambering in through the passengers door, and getting out via the drivers window as the car locks itself back up after about 30 seconds (enough time to get in the passengers side).

Although the embarassment alone of doing this doesnt realy bother me - I believe I am simply bringing a little ammusement to onlookers' days, the safety aspect of carrying Mrs Meth in the metal box is enough to make me think twice.

So will have to pass again, until the door allows itself to unlock so I can open it and rip the door card off to find the problem (which will undoubtedly be a nicely corroded wire hidden somewhere).

Right, I was planning to make this as it is a friday evening after all, however my drivers door has no decided to stop unlocking.

So currently I am clambering in through the passengers door, and getting out via the drivers window as the car locks itself back up after about 30 seconds (enough time to get in the passengers side).

Although the embarassment alone of doing this doesnt realy bother me - I believe I am simply bringing a little ammusement to onlookers' days, the safety aspect of carrying Mrs Meth in the metal box is enough to make me think twice.

So will have to pass again, until the door allows itself to unlock so I can open it and rip the door card off to find the problem (which will undoubtedly be a nicely corroded wire hidden somewhere).

Poor excuse - come on I need a laugh - especially as have been there - done that !!! :D

You mentioned you wanted a meet in near Northampton, where are you exactly (pm me if you like) and I will try to do the Feb one nearer to your location.

I should be on time after all for this evening.

---------- Post added at 12:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 AM ----------

Glad I rang to book a table, seems they are busy.

I have booked a table for 6 of us at 9pm, they could not do earlier - sorry. Jim - you may need a snack beforehand !! A table of 6 are in at 7pm and they allow 2 hours per table

We are in the restaurant, they have no room in the bar, but we can confirm when we arrive.

No worries if only 4 of us eat, they are fine with that.

Booked in name of Duckett - pronounced 'Douquet' !!! :D

21:00 it is then. Who's arriving any earlier and when?

Booked in name of Duckett - pronounced 'Douquet' !!!

Keeping up appearances, so it's Bucket then :lol:

Tempest

Still meet at 7.30pm, just table for food at 9pm.

I will be arriving at 7.30pm.

Darn :( Thanks for booking / organising as usual Wendy - it's pretty late eating for me but I'll try and stick it out for some food.

Cheers.

Well I figured I'd be the first back! Think this was one of the best meets yet - fantastic location picked by Wendy (food was superb!) and some really good chat and chance to learn a bit about running a Corrado in another country! Great to see the usual faces and meet some new ones :) Cheers all!

Have to agree, also largest meet so far, 7 people, who knows we may make double figures soon.

Good to meet Jason and Suzie, plus usual faces. Hope you realise burn out of car park was just for you Jason and not normal at all !!!! :D

Think Clive needs the prize for best effort, bit of a hike from South Oxford.

So next one - Northampton way.............

Yes, it was awesome,Wendy u got it spot on!! Great to finally meet some fellow corrado owners, feels lonely and mad sometimes living with a corrado in isolation! What a sound when wendy and miles pulled out the car park at the end, wendy definitely got a heavy foot there!! Hope to stay in touch- Thanks a million, regds, jason and sue