delfinis38

vw heritage

any good or negative vibes about the company..... I'm after something on their web page which has an 8 week delivery time from Germany...... don't normally like ordering stuff from a company that doesn't actually have the part in stock themselves.

especially when it has a value of over a few hundred quid.

thanks......

I'm not there biggest fan,after waiting 10 weeks for a body panel,(while mine was in the bodyshop )

But I did get the part,and have used them since ! Just not the fastest company out of there !

Welcome to the German post system,extremely slow and expensive.slower than royal mail. Took me two weeks to receive an exhaust that the warehouse was 150 km away from where I live in germany!

You guys have to understand German worker mentality, they're slow and by the book but at least you do get a quality part rather than rushed crap!

VW Heritage are UK agents for VW Classic Parts so anything located in Germany will have to be ordered from Classic Parts, hence the long delivery times.

Anything they do have in stock is either new-obsolete VW or pattern (and usually they only stock air-cooled, MK1/2 Golf and Scirocco parts). Their pattern parts are of mixed quality but to be fair they do try to locate the best quality pattern parts they can, sometimes using the original part manufacturer.

I've used them a few times and not had any issues, except the long waiting for parts from Germany.