james153

Favourite modification

Probably BMC CDA for me. I'm with George on the 263s- not that impressed TBH. Like the 3.68 though- makes the VR what it should've been from the factory.

Like my oem guages too 8) I'm sure Dave's short shifter will be superb too, when I eventually get round to fitting it!

263s and a Stealth re-map were great for me. Car felt much more alive especially over 4K -you do get used to it though so it gets harder to give an objective opinion.

Also like the BMC - just brilliant fun, especially in the summer when you have the windows down or better still though a tunnel

I hardly ever use the car at night these days so not getting as much satisfaction from the gauges or benefit from an uprated loom

Having semi retired my C a few years ago I really noticed how bad the standard brakes were every time I got back in - so for me the best mod overall is uprated brakes (I have 288's)

Oh yeh, forgot about 288s! Excellent + pretty cheap 8)

Best mod I've ever done (not on a Rado though) was getting my vRS remapped. MASSIVE difference. 180bhp- 225bhp (with sports cat too). I was laughing out loud on the first drive!

Lets get back to basics lads, one of the best mods to my G60 was grinding the shoulders down on the wiper arms & fitting new standard Bosch blades, they now work perfectly for a few pounds & keep the original look.

Another top mod on my G60, 68mm charger pulley/chip & boost dump block valve that lets you keep all the charger pipework so the oil vapour from the cam cover breather helps to lubricate the charger & prolongs its usable life.

Of course the door handle mod & the headlight loom + nightbreaker bulbs mod are also excellent & made a big difference.

CDA, followed by 312s, followed by Lupo wipers and fixed steering column (a tie!).

Got some 263s to go in 'soon' so it's good to know I can expect 8-10extra horses :)

Stone

24v 2.8 i think is my favoured mod, although i like all my mods as they all add up to make my car mine and seperate from everyone else's, next on the mod list is banded steels, there being made right now!!! cannee wait :)

Expensive but the schrick manifold made a massive difference to how the vr drives, put an almost manic smile on my face when first trying it out. Have got use to it but occasionally it kicks in at the right moment just to remind me why I have it.

Hmmm... my favourite mod

, because it was, was standard springs and standard exhaust. After 4 yrs, the car was much more like how i imagined it should be. Classy red dash lighting and braided hoses have to be near top, along with h&r rear arb.

polybush"s in wishbones it feels safe now when i go over 60mph,avon tyres so i dont keep thinking the wheel bearings have gone in the rear

Best mod for all of us must be changing wheels... Nearly everyone does that and even once in a while.

Many other good mods are already mentioned.

As a package, best mod for me was a set of BBS RC 17" * 7,5" together with polys and KW coilovers in stainless together with Eibach fat arb's and extra bar between track arms, plus Eibach front strut tower bar and ditto rear too. That package sorted my Corrado for fast driving. Drives like it's glued to the tarmac in corners with no comfort. Nice ;)

Cheers,

Redfox.

It's a bit of a cheat as it's more than one but the suspension overhaul a few years ago is by far the best money I've spent on the car... KW V1s, R32 bushes, new tie rods, ball joints and top mounts, and a Neuspeed rear ARB have made the handling a dream :D

I said before the schrick manifold but honestly would agree that the r32 bushes and poly bushes on the arb have transformed the car, considering the price of them it's almost a no brainer, although can make for slightly bullied firmer ride.

Thread revival!

Just back from a quick spin in Mincy and I've decided my favourite mod so far is the brakes. So much fun braking late and hard into a bend.... want to head back out now...

Mine is putting led's in all my switches, you can actually see them even during day light hours, and best of all it's pretty hard now to forget leaving the headlights on as the light is nice and bright.

2be34b9a5b275a896ca8aaa8931c1929_zps0c20778c.jpg

826d3f8626423ba2f7111c9dd82750fc_zps32c78076.jpg

2b9b72f86b7a834e8ce36d0bca5d8cbd_zps7072791e.jpg

:)

Mine is putting led's in all my switches, you can actually see them even during day light hours, and best of all it's pretty hard now to forget leaving the headlights on as the light is nice and bright.

2be34b9a5b275a896ca8aaa8931c1929_zps0c20778c.jpg

826d3f8626423ba2f7111c9dd82750fc_zps32c78076.jpg

2b9b72f86b7a834e8ce36d0bca5d8cbd_zps7072791e.jpg

:)

Very Clever, I like it.