petemcr

MK4 Golf Clock Needles

Anyone managed to fit these to Corrado clocks?

I've got a set I could get a hold of and wouldn't mind light up needles but I don't know how I would go about getting power to then, wondered if anyone had tried this or know of anyone doing a similar conversion

I've seen the proper ones you can buy from the states so there must be a way to get power to them but I don't fancy paying £100 for a set of needles

I have a set of the mk4 needles, they have a larger hole for the pin so would need glueing, unless someone knows a better way

The "ones" from the States come with all the hard wiring done ! Needles are done to your own colour option,and are a straight fit to your clocks. All that's left to you is,wire them to your lights,or your ignition !

I know this doesn't help you, but I've got a set of the states "ones" and they really are worth the money

The mk4 needles are lit from behind by LEDs

I'm thinking about fitting a couple of LEDs behind the dial face and opening the hole up a little to let the light shine through enough to illuminate the needles.

When I do it I'll get some pics of it all.

I have some big plans for my cluster... ;)

Any details on the "ones" from the states ?

What do you want to know ?

I had mine done in white,most have theirs done in orange !

zyde9a5y.jpg

Be patient with Luis,he is a good guy, very thorough,you get really good fitting instructions.You can have them coming on with the ignition,or with the lights,I've made mine switchable