bully

Dead battery just been changed

Hi guys I have a problem with my corrado, it's draining my battery after two days I thought it might be the cold weather but I've fitted a brand new battery and found its drained

Don't know we here to begin trying to fix this help is needed

I've tried to put jump leads and it won't start. The last time this happened I had the battery replaced and it worked fine I'm just not looking to replace the battery again

when mine did the same it was a combination of the ignition switch which although still operated normally, are prone to breaking up inside and an iso radio harness from ebay that had a switched and perm live round the wrong way from

thats interesting you say ignition switch.. as when i put the key in it opens the switch to allow the radio to go on... can anyone else clarify if this was the same issue? and shud a corrado ignition come on just by entering the key without turning?

No, you should have to turn the key one click to activate the radio/electrics.

But remove the key fully to turn them off (i.e. once you've turned one click to turn the electrics on, you can turn one click back and they'll stay on; until you remove the key).

ok thats a insight... as when i put the key in it opens the electrics straight away.. this may be the issue...

what can i do step by step to find if this is the actual fault?

Erm....?

Maybe put a volt meter on the battery (if it is being drained you'll see the volts slowly dropping). Then pull out the connection on the back of the ignition. If the voltage then stops dropping you know it's the ignition switch or associated wiring?

ok cool... i dont have a volt meter.. im gonna get a auto electrician out today to test it and see where the drain is coming from... im also confused why it wouldnt start with puttin jump leads on it?

If the battery is totally flat, you'll need some REALLY heavy jump leads to start the car. Two sets would not be out of order ...

Best bet is to cable up and have the car ready for a jump start and leave it to charge the battery for 15 minutes before actually attempting to do the start.

You need to be able to pull ~200 amps down the jump leads otherwise..

ok.. thick jump leads got it started...

and its still draining the battery... i think we have located the issue due to the previous owner fitting a hid kit that i removed.. it looks like he has taken the wire from the main beam and connected that into the hid it was still connected to the battery causing the drain... all seems fine now.. ill update you if if drains again...

altho im still concerned with the ignition.. im wondering if that could also be draining the battery...

he had actually wired in a vw audi relay... lol but all that wireing is now removed.. its running on the factory wire loom