Jonathan Claxton

Wide rims? Let me know the size of yours and the size of spacers if fitted.

Going to put my porsche twists up to my rado soon to see how they will fit

I have 17" rims and will have 205 40 on the front and 225 35 on the back with 20mm adapters/spacers

Im pretty sure they will fit with no moding

Just wondering what size rims everyone else has?

Give me a confidence boost before i try and fit mine!

Cheers

225/35... brave, I'm running 16x9 215/40/16 all round with my arches rolled and they rub. Et15 on rear, et20 on the front. Its not unheard of to run wide 17's but without arch work you will have to either run monster truck stance, tuck them pretty well or suffer with some scrubbing. Will look forward to see some pictures though!

225/35... brave, I'm running 16x9 215/40/16 all round with my arches rolled and they rub. Et15 on rear, et20 on the front. Its not unheard of to run wide 17's but without arch work you will have to either run monster truck stance, tuck them pretty well or suffer with some scrubbing. Will look forward to see some pictures though!

I said confidence boost! haha

I bought them for my mk2 golf but never fitted them, had them sat about for ages with the tyres but im going to have to go for it

I dont really want to roll the arches tho :(

looking forward to trying it tho

for me 225's on the rear = full on arch rebuilt ££££ then you have to match the fronts £££££ ..

The man to ask is bristolbaron he will be able to tell you if you can get away with it but like other's have said brave.

Or you could ask BILLCOR:rolleyes:

Edited by clumpy1

Going to put my porsche twists up to my rado soon to see how they will fit

I have 17" rims and will have 205 40 on the front and 225 35 on the back with 20mm adapters/spacers

Im pretty sure they will fit with no moding

Just wondering what size rims everyone else has?

Give me a confidence boost before i try and fit mine!

Cheers

I have 17x8.5 CH's ET35 with those tyre specs, all arches rolled, but they did fit fine pre rolled

Pics >> http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?27522-Mincy-no-more-Few-Pics-Sept-12/page11

two hopes without rolling arches. even then, they'll look terrible.

What will look terrible?

---------- Post added at 11:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 PM ----------

I have 17x8.5 CH's ET35 with those tyre specs, all arches rolled, but they did fit fine pre rolled

Pics >> http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?27522-Mincy-no-more-Few-Pics-Sept-12/page11

Thanks that sounds good, pretty sure there 17x9s, hope I can get away without rolling

okay, i'll go again with pics to demonstrate..

firstly, you've not mentioned the ET of the wheels you are trying to fit so saying you have 25mm spacers is irrelevant. However, as you've mentioned porsche wheels im guessing they're et55. For a 9 to fit on the rear, you need to be at et25-15. that means 30 - 40mm adaptors. 25mm will foul the inner edge. [unless the wheels are et50 or lower]

secondly, a 225/35 will rub, even with arches rolled, unless you are at standard ride height. If you are, the wheels will look terrible.. and might still rub.

You need to be looking at a 215/35 or ideally 205/40 to tuck the tyres enough that they're not an issue.

Here is a 9j ET15 with 205/40 tyres.

312232_10150327478336769_549614140_n.jpg

And here is a 9j ET25 with 205/40 tyres.

150487_10150823923121769_1097988164_n.jpg

Both are with arches rolled.

Personally, I would fit the 205/40s you have to the rear and buy a pair of 195/40s for the fronts. If these are 7.5j they should be fitted with 30-40mm adaptors for decent fitment.

I hope that gives a better idea of what to expect..

Type the details of your present rims and the details of the Porsche twists into the calculator at the link below. I could be wrong but I think the standard Speedlines are 6.5 wide with an et of 43. I also am open to correction but I think the Porsche twists are et 50. Obviously the calculator does not take the width of adapters into consideration so remember to add that into the result. Good luck mate.

http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp

Type the details of your present rims and the details of the Porsche twists into the calculator at the link below. I could be wrong but I think the standard Speedlines are 6.5 wide with an et of 43. I also am open to correction but I think the Porsche twists are et 50. Obviously the calculator does not take the width of adapters into consideration so remember to add that into the result. Good luck mate.

http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp

I wouldn't bother bud, theres no point offering advise to someone who asks for it but doesn't listen to the responses. 20s and 50s wont work. in a couple of weeks there will be a adapters for sale/swap thread.

I wouldn't bother bud, theres no point offering advise to someone who asks for it but doesn't listen to the responses. 20s and 50s wont work. in a couple of weeks there will be a adapters for sale/swap thread.

They will work thanks mate, iv done a lot or research, tried the wheels on with made up adapters, etc. with the arches rolled they will work, il show you when it's done.

If you've had "8 corrados in 8 years" then I would have thought you would be a person who pushes boundaries, obviously your too scared too..

---------- Post added at 8:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 8:23 AM ----------

Cheers for the pic mate, obviously it is possible then...

When you say 20's and 50's i am assuming you mean 10mm a side on front and 25mm a side on back?

When you say 20's and 50's i am assuming you mean 10mm a side on front and 25mm a side on back?

Never assume mate, 20mm on the front, and either 40 or 50s a side on the back, if I was any less I would rub my coilovers

Whoa calm down son i put a question mark there for a reason the pic's baron posted with the c4's cab wheel's on is now my car and they were pushing it mate there is a fine line when when you get up to a 9J rim the spacer's used to achieve what you see in the pic is 30mm a side on the front and 40mm a side on the back it is entirely up to you wheter you take people's advice who are genuinely trying to help you or be pig headed about it and treat their advice with a contempt which to be honest is rather rude there are good people on this forum who know alot about these car's. (i'm not one but i listen to advice especially when i asked for it)

They will work thanks mate, iv done a lot or research, tried the wheels on with made up adapters, etc. with the arches rolled they will work, il show you when it's done.

If you've had "8 corrados in 8 years" then I would have thought you would be a person who pushes boundaries, obviously your too scared too..

quite the opposite. i've pushed the boundaries and i'm telling you for experience what will and wont work. if you don't want to listen thats up to you.

195/40/17 on a 9J ET15.. 225/35's @ ET5 WILL NOT WORK!

5800_136676111768_2137127_n.jpg

Wow not only do you not take advice when you ask for it but you throw it back in there faces aswell , im suprised baron is still posting pics and trying to help you

I was going to comment but dont think i will now

With an attitude like that I would've thought you would be a person who drives a vauxhall...

I've got 225's on the back of mine with 20mm adapters and they fit perfectly without modding, the but is that I have stretched rubber.