Yega

Yega's Aqua Blue G60

As of this afternoon I am a proud owner of a Corrado G60! Drove up 160 miles to Sheffield to pick it up and had a great drive back home - didn't want to get out of it when I arrived!

The car will be a weekend car mainly, using my Golf as a daily. I'll get some pics up tomorrow when its day time but here is a quick status of the car:

1991 H reg

148k miles

Slightly lowered on FK shocks and springs

Engine has been serviced and looked after well

Supercharger rebuild 6k miles ago

Body in good general condition, with no signs of rust, and only one minor dent to fix on passenger rear wheel arch

Paint work is OK - lacquer peal and few stone chips here and there, but thats to be expected

Leather interior in good general condition

Sunroof lining needs work as it gets caught when it slides back, ripping the lining

So plan for it so far is:

VW service

Full clean inside and outside to get it nice and shiny :cool:

Fix the sunroof lining

Remove the G60 badge off the front

Shorten the shifter (gear changes are taking me too long, cant get used to it yet)

Change the steering wheel to a smaller one of some sort

Replace the door speakers to a 2-way system, purely for nice sound quality

Replace the spare BBS wheel with a space saver, get new boot carpet - so I can have a flat boot

Future work:

Paint job

New wheels

Possibly get a new custom exhaust without the catalytic converter

Here are some pics of the car from the previous owner: http://s206.beta.photobucket.com/user/mattupnorth/library/Corrado

Hahaha a month? I registered in 2006 and my first post was when I bought my car last year :D

Looks lovely in that for sale ad mate. If its as good in the flesh (metal) as it looks in the pics, it looks like you've done alright there...

I'm kind of impatient, especially when I set my mind on something :D

There are minor bits wrong with it as mentioned but ye, so far it seems to be all good. Most important to me is that the engine runs well, which my mechanic friend tells it is.

welcome to the very exclusive Club, your Rado looks very nice, I always fancied a G60 but have always ended up buying the VR6. May have to get looking for one myself

Thank you Billzeebub. I always fancied a VR6, love the noise, but was very tempted by the G60 after doing quite a lot of research online. I am convinced that I will own a car with a V6 engine at some point in my life though :)

Good to see it's had a G-Werks rebuild on the charger :) Looks like a pretty nice honest example!

The guy was very honest and good about the whole thing, with tons of receipts to back up everything. I just hope that I can look after it well and do it justice.

I think I'll be taking the charger to Jabba Motorsports when it needs a rebuild, seeing as G-Werks is no more :(

The guy was very honest and good about the whole thing, with tons of receipts to back up everything. I just hope that I can look after it well and do it justice.

I think I'll be taking the charger to Jabba Motorsports when it needs a rebuild, seeing as G-Werks is no more :(

You need to get in touch with John Mitchell - username is 16VG60 - for G-Lader rebuilds :)

Hi Yega and welcome to the club, agree with Jim re John Mitchell 110 % Oh and if you're looking for an exhaust I have a full Scorpion stainless steel exhaust system from a G60 £150 plus shipping ;)

Thanks G60 CS. I'll keep that in mind.

Is the term "rebuilding the G-Ladder" the same as saying "rebuilding the supercharger"? I know that G-Ladder is the type of supercharger, just not sure if the terms used mean the same thing.

Took a quick sneaky photo of the car this morning with Instagram app (had to be done, sorry).

28C6d.jpg

You talking about Ace Cafe? I won't make it there tonight, got stuff I need to sort out at home. It'll come out to play on Sunday :)

The car went in for a service yesterday at VW and came back with a bunch of issues, mostly small but some a bit scary. Here is a quick list:

Crank bolt rusted

One of the front wheel bearings is a bit rough

Both front bushes need replacing

Front disks and pads need changing

They tried to change the crank bolt but the washer is out of stock everywhere (apart from Liverpool - see my other thread in General section) so I have the bolt for now.

So today I ordered:

Front wheel bearing

Both front suspension arms

Upgraded Aero front window wipers

Pagid front discs and pads (came with the car from previous owner :D)

Also going to change the accelerator cable soon as the current one isn't lubricated well. Going to be a fun week.

hi mate looks like i have the sister to your car check out the reg[ATTACH=CONFIG]72621[/ATTACH]

Hahahah that's awesome! Had same thing with my first car, a P reg Fiesta, bloke down the road had same reg just 5 numbers up.

What model is yours?