Sign in to follow this  
G60Dan

I want one of these!!!!!

Taken from the clubGti site.

I so want this!!! 8)

Lowdownfrt.jpg

93 Corrado VR6 engine. Stock internals. Vortech V2SQ

supercharger with 9psi pulley. K&N air filter. Aeromotive rising rate fuel pressure regulator. Aeroquip -06AN hose and fittings (from tank to fuel rail). Modified fuel rail with OE fuel pressure regulator deleted.

24 lb/hr Accel fuel injectors. Custom 2-1/2" exhaust with catalytic

converter deleted. Magnaflow stainless steel rear muffler with turn-down exit. Bosch/Accel inline fuel pump. System-1 billet fuel filter. Late model G60 fuel tank with VR6-style in-tank fuel pump. 10-gauge wiring to fuel pump with auxiliary relay. Corrado transmission with 3.64:1 ring and pinion. Peloquin limited slip differential. Polyurethane front and rear engine mounts. Corrado VR6 cooling system.

Engine6_12.jpg

15x8.5" BBS RM wheels with 195/45-15 Yokohama AVS Intermediate tires. Energy Suspension polyurethane control arm and rear axle bushings. Koni coil-overs. VR6 front strut bearings. Golf GL front sway bar. Neuspeed 28mm rear sway bar. Autotech polished front strut brace.11" front, 8.9" rear Zimmerman crossdrilled rotors with G60 Corrado calipers. Stainless braided brake hoses all around.

Waterfest.JPG

Big bumper conversion. G60 front and rear arch trim and side

skirts. Shaved rear bumper. Shaved US-spec side marker lights. JOM

de-badged grille. French-spec amber fog lights. Smoke bumper lights

wired Euro-style. All-red US-spec taillights. Fiat Punto rear wiper laid flat. Kamei grille spoiler. Shaved rear hatch handle. Painted with PPG

Red Mica Pearl basecoat/clearcoat.

lowdownrear.jpg

Corrado black leather heated seats (front and rear). Corrado

carpet. Corrado center console. Late model (93-94) Corrado dash and steering column). Auto Meter boost and EGT gauges in original gauge console. Momo Team 300mm steering wheel. Momo Race Air Leather shift knob. Lupo GTI shift boot. Alpine 7973 CD head unit with XM-Radio tuner and antenna. Boston Acoustic front 5-1/4" component speakers and 4x6 rear speakers. Precision Power PCX440 and PCX1250 amplifiers. Rockford Fosgate 1-farad capacitor. Eclipse 10" aluminum cone subwoofer. Monster Cable wiring and cables throughout. Full size spare wheel/tire. Alpine alarm with remote solenoid-operated locks and trunk latch.

DashTeam.jpg

Weird. Taking a reliable car and putting all those flaky Corrado bits in! Must be mad! ;)

Bet it's a bit rapid tho, should be good fun. of course, the power *does* go through the wrong wheels..

Looks like he's put the MAF upstream of the charger...... is that not a bad idea? E.g. a gust of wind blowing a match out?

Very very nice car though. The MK2 is still my favourite golf but I wouldn't want one again unless it's as special as that one. But you'd need £15K+ to build something like that, properly, sod that! Running a C is costly enough.

K

That is one very very very very very Nice car....... I would chop off a limb for some wheels like those RM's 8)

Stunning.

Starting to like the MK2 as much as the Corrado just lately...

I have to say that the Mk2 is my least favourite Golf. The main thing wrong is the interior, so this one is a lot nicer with the Corrado Dash... But Why oh Why stick a very plain Momo steering wheel in there? It's just crying out for a decent wheel.

not quite the as nice as that red one, but here's a couple of photos of my mates 92 mk2 golf with a VR swap.

3-ndcarshow_165.jpg

005__scaled_600.jpg

the fellow is super meticulous about his car. The wheel wells are even spotless for pete's sake.. The car started out like as GL then he sourced a corrado VR lump to drop into it..[/img]

Mk2's rock!!!!

I would prefer a G60 myself as the extra weight of the VR may upset the handling but as PhatVR6 has pointed out its still very good.

Mk2's are easy to work on, cheap for parts, great handling and easlily driven quickly. They are the perfect everyday car in my opinion.

That 2nd one down (spaceframe marron) is being built by a guy on the Glubgti forum. Treny Tramp is is username. From memory its a 2l with supercharger and turbo (a la Delta S4) running throttlebodies as well. He was posting last night that his custom built carbon airbox just blew up like a ballon when the engine was started. Sounds like a serious piece of kit.

I have to say that the Mk2 is my least favourite Golf. The main thing wrong is the interior, so this one is a lot nicer with the Corrado Dash... But Why oh Why stick a very plain Momo steering wheel in there? It's just crying out for a decent wheel.

Well it's way better than a MK1's interior! I really don't miss that 70s nastiness....

MK2s are perfect. VERY well put together, light enough to be competetive, dead easy to work on, cheap parts, reliable and still a good looking car.

I won't be hearing any bad words said against my dear old friend the MK2 :p

K

That 2nd one down (spaceframe marron) is being built by a guy on the Glubgti forum. Treny Tramp is is username. From memory its a 2l with supercharger and turbo (a la Delta S4) running throttlebodies as well. He was posting last night that his custom built carbon airbox just blew up like a ballon when the engine was started. Sounds like a serious piece of kit.

hes also on this forum aswell as a few others

I won't be hearing any bad words said against my dear old friend the MK2

Agreed.

I love my c...but i am sure i would REALlY LOVE a mk2 g60 i had spent similar money on..... 8)

Lovely motor mambomonkey 8) , tis a shame i had to sell my Royal blue Mettalic 16v. IMO the best colour :)