Sign in to follow this  
Richie_FSOB

Private Plates

Looks like you got a bargain there Kvwloon

Thanks, I thought so. Seems there is a God after all.! Couldn't beleive it was just sat there in amongst all the other Irish plate cheapies listed. Lucky! 8)

That's Northern Irish plates mate :wink:

But a nice plate all the same.

What year is it? As our plates are normally 3 Letters and a Number from 1 - 9999.

MikeVR6, Ah, erm, yes 'cheapie Northern Irish plates'!, to be sure :) Plate is from about 1971. Probably originally came from some sh#te British Leyland heap of crap :oops: The N on the end is another bonus though because a lot of people at first glance read it as a UK 1995 - 96 N prefix rather than a 1971 suffix.

*cough* N suffix was Aug 1974 to July 1975 *cough* I know cos my mates Mk 1 Toyota Celica is on an N and was registered in Feb 1975 :wink: :)

Any suggestions where to get some cheap reg plates?

Need one for my VR6 and Pug :lol:

ta mate - seems a few plates on there cheap - am just after cover plates really. Will do job 8)

Go straight to the source - http://www.dvla-som.co.uk

I got mine ( H3T VW ) from there for £250 all in, including transfer fee and VAT.

Some of the traders, (Reg Transfers, New Reg etc.) wanted £300 for the same plate, +VAT, + transfer fee.

A lot of the plates, the traders dont even own yet, they look for cheap ones from the DVLA, advertise them, and will buy them, mark up the price, and push them on when someone wants it!

Hey,

I spotted L1NUX. It must be worth something in the geekdom! Pity about the car though, a Puma

Cheers,

Rica

I phoned DVLA to satisfy my curiosity as to whether the plate i wanted had ever been registered to a car. Their reply was simple, No. So i bought it! G60 PJM, quite simply my car and my initials. I couldn't have one of those artistic interpretation plates, being an MOT tester i could hardly tell our friends in blue that i didn't know! :lol:

This private plate came with the car when I bought it. The letters "COR" are the first three letters of the word Corrado 8) (if you hadn't figured it out :) )

I have the plate H20 GGO strainght from the DVLA fro £250.

Reads H20 G60 ie Watercooled G60 :D

Nice one! Just a hunch, but I'm guessing you will be screwing the plate on rather than sticking, and using at least one strategically placed black plastic cap!