Sean_Jaymo

Corrado Part Duex - 24V Aqua Blue - She's gone.

The wheels themselves mate, yours being 1 of them.

The centre caps all seem to be the later Speedline stuff, not the period right stuff. Not sure what they looked like originally?

Crikey, didn't realise they were so thin on the ground.

No idea myself what the original caps were like either, but the 15" caps seem to be doing the job well enough for me at the moment (not perfect, but more than presentable)

Well, I've now covered 1500 miles in the old skip and everything still seems to be ok. Well almost everything, I've developed a small water leak from somewhere. It's seemingly invisible though, I just can't find it! No puddles under the car and I'm going through approx 150ml per 3 or 400 miles. No mayo in the cap or on the dipstick and no funny smells in the coolant so I'm fairly confident it's nothing too sinister!

And within the last 100 miles, I've developed a droning from the rear wheel area. The bearings were a bit loose so I stripped them out, regreased and reseated them and no difference in noise. rotated the wheels front to rear to see if I have funny wear and no difference! No noise until 45 or so and then it drones until 65 or so at which point it goes quiet again. Very strange! Not engine speed dependent and I'm pretty sure it's coming from the rear. Interestingly, If I turn right, the noise goes and if I go straight or left there is no difference in the drone.

Maybe I'll just replace them with another set and see if I have a dodgy bearing somewhere. These were new in the rebuild and not cheap GSF versions either.

Well, I've been busy and away with work for a few weeks with only small amounts of time here and there to work on the car. I've bought a new set of rear bearings and I'll try and get them fitted tomorrow if I get the chance. I'm struggling to pinpoint the problem with the droning. Sometimes I think it comes from the front, sometimes the rear. I've stripped the fronts down and everything is in working order there and there is no play in the rear bearings but I'll dismantle the rear and see what I'm left with afterwards! fingers crossed it is something simple. It's just a bit weird that the noise comes in at 45 or so and is go by 60mph. At 65mph plus, you would never know there was a problem, no noise, vibrations or smells.

Cars!

Turns out that the not so bearing type noise was actually a bearing! Replaced it with another item and all is lovely and quiet again!

Haha, too job. Typical corrado to give one set of symptoms just for it to be something else. That's why it's usually a good idea to start with the easy stuff!

Eventually got around to giving the car a clean and took some photos.

If you're looking for a tatty looking Corrado on standard suspension with shiny wheels, then look no further than this thread!

P1050271_zps0c194e56.jpg

P1050266_zpse1e739cf.jpg

P1050264_zpsf6f469bb.jpg

I'm having a nice lazy week of leave and decided to give the car a proper clean for a change. The respray is definitely needed but I'm doing my best to maintain what I do have! I also need a new drivers door due to a previous owners ability to attract dents.

3 photos for the photo whores out there, usual excuses such as camera phone, poor light, lack of talent are all relevant here.

4861a75b-a7a7-427d-83c2-0b07126da86b_zpsa830bbbe.png

4ba12964-1900-4d34-864c-309ef0d614a7_zps9e5ae258.png

5e3b57bc-dc69-4ac8-9565-6dc2ce944ccb_zps2291fca7.png

For anyone interested, AutoGlym Super Resin Polish, AG Ultra Deep Shine, AG Extra Gloss Protection and Dodo Juice Purple Haze on the paintwork. Poorboys Bold and Bright on the trim and AG Metal polish on the exhaust. Interior treated to a vacuum, cleaned leather and deep scrub. Still need some mats though!

I also replaced all of the little blue clips that hold on the rear Corrado Script in place as I was a bit bored of having it flap about whenever I washed the car!

Edited by Sean_Jaymo

Shiny :)

You thought about getting a dent guy out to look at that drivers door? They look like nice big dents which should be relatively easy to pop out, and they normally charge by the panel so might not cost a lot and they might be able to do quite a lot with it!

I had Jim as there are a half dozen or so dents scattered around the car. Problem with the drivers door is that the lower of the 2 dents has been pushed back far enough against the crash bar in the door that it has left a split. It's not split all the way through but it did leave a strip of rust directly below the rub strip approx 4 inches long so the door will need replacing. The dent man might be the answer for the rest of the car though.

A few weeks on and I've changed to Dodo Juice Blue Velvet and initial impressions are good! Easy to apply/remove and decent results. That and this is a wax that works with my mojo, I ended up giving away my AutoGlym HD wax as I just didn't get on with it!

For those of a car cleaning disposition, gratuitous beading in this afternoons crap weather. I was in the garage sorting stuff out BTW, not standing in the rain!

20140919_155302_zpsaf91df2a.jpg

Nice shot there fella! Ive always liked DJ products, as you say easy to apply and remove, and smell gurt lush too! :lol:

Told you there's always an angle! :lol:

Catch up when you're back would be good, I'll make sure I get the BBS back on as they're easier to clean....