Wesleyvr6

Valeo Clutch kit

Hi all, purchased a LUK clutch kit from carpartsforless.com and when delivered it was full of stickers from Euro car parts and was in fact a Valeo clutch kit!! Has anyone got any experience of valeo clutches?? Are they on par with LUK or should i return it and demand an LUK as i ordered?? Thanks

Tier 1 OEM part suppliers buy each other stock and re-box it, quite normal

Matt

Hi Matt, does this mean this is probably an LUK clutch badged up as a Valeo? Thanks

Hello there, I replaced my clutch a few years ago with the Valeo one,

had no problems with it at all. ( Valeo clutchs are normally quite good )

CP4L is a sister company to ECP so all parts come from the same warehouse. Valeo or LUK as said are all Tier 1 OEM parts, and made to a high spec. Wouldn't be worried about fitting it at all mate, its a very reputable brand.

Fitted a Valeo in my VR6. Really smooth. Stealth rate them highly over LUK and Sachs.

Cheers everyone, decided to not send it back and stick with it, it's all fitted now so will update when I put the engine back in.

I drove 260 miles in mine on Sunday and clutch changes were silky smooth.

I replaced clutch arm, and slave cylinder whilst I was at it.

There are many discussions about VR6s and juddering clutches on this forum, but just to remind people. I went through a few trying to cure a judder and Vince at Stealth discovered manufacturing inconsistencies in the aftermarket supplied Sachs and LUK clutches. I tried both and an OEM one. The OEM was the best of the 3, but still juddered. After that I was into uprated clutches and never got to try a Valeo.

Vince is well aware of this juddering problem and when he tells me the Valeos are the only clutches he's not had any juddering issues with, I believe him!