ChrisL

Good luck Judith.

Me too! My wife ran the Brighton Marathon last weekend and the dedication to training/diet etc is mind blowing.

The atmosphere on the day was phenomenal, so many people cheering and seeing the determination of the runners was awesome.

I would highly recommend writing your name on the front and back of your vest, my wife said the crowds cheering really pushed her forward.

Thanks Chaps, she'll be made up I'm sure. Yrah she has her name printed on Baz for all to see lol :-)

Indeed - goes without saying I'm wishing you the best! Certainly having seen your training plan up at Elsecar a few weeks ago, you've certainly put in 110% in terms of training for it so I'm sure you'll complete it just fine.. no luck required :)

Thanks Chris and all.

Yep, my life has been taken over with running this year. I'll get it back to a running / car balance soon.

Got so many mixed feeling about it all at the mo but I am definitely looking forward to it. I have obviously forgotten the pain of my last long training run (23 miles pre Elsecar Megameet) but I know I'll remember it well enough at mile 20 - 22. Hopefully not much sooner but even more hopefully much later.

And as the subject has come up I'll stick my begging bowl out. I am running for the charity Fight For Sight due to Pauls detached retina a few years back and other sight problems he has.

http://www.fightforsight.org.uk

http://www.virginmoneygiving.com/JudithHygate

Yup all best. I still remember your number, so will be checking your progress ;)

Think you're the only vr6 powered runner out there so it can only be a good thing. Good luck.

I´ll be thinking of you whilst I am partaking in the Historic Vehicle event on the Hockenheim Ring over in Germany this weekend, where hopefully an entry into the Guinness Book of Records can be achieved for the largest number of historic vehicles (older than 30 years) ever to make 3 parade laps on the Hockenheim Ring.

Good luck and here´s hoping you will not suffer from any pains.

Tempest

Will be watching out for you - hope it all goes to plan and Kip treats you to a very expensive meal at the end!

An update if anyone is interested!

I had a great weekend / day and I ran exactly the race I had planned. 10 min miles up to mile 20 then see what I had left and push in the last 6 but no matter what, hopefully to be enjoying it all.

I stayed around the 10 mins (give or take) then did

mile 21 in 9.41

mile 22 in 9.44

mile 23 in 9.33

mile 24 in 9.04

mile 25 in 9.00

mile 26 in 8.36

final .2 in a pace of 8.33

I think I might have been able to do more than 10 min miles earlier but I might not have been enjoying it as much by the end ;)

And I can still move though the transition from sitting to standing or standing to sitting is a little difficult at the mo.

Paul had a successful day managing to see me 3 times along the route too.

Congratulations! thats really impressive, I'm just training for a 10k at the moment and thats scary enough. Out of interest what was your training regime for the marathon, after doing this 10k I would really love to continue on to a marathon

Get ready Swiftkid, the Info will blow your mind lol! Love her to bits though :

Just realised i didnt post my time. 4 hours 20.26

My training plan was 16 weeks, runs on 5 days a week with gym one off day and swimming the other. Sunday long runs started at 12 miles then built by 2 miles each week to a max training run of 22 ( though i did 23 that day). Weekly mileage started at 25 and peaked at 50. Mid week runs were either 'easy' recovery runs or targeted training of hills, speed reps, 1 mile reps or @ marathon pace.

I would suggest getting a few half marathons in first to get an idea of what you can do those in to know what pace to train for the full 26.2

And if you are not in a running club give a few a go. You will get great advice and support and training partners as believe me, 3 - 4 hours out by yourself is mentally hard work... Let alone the running

---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 PM ----------

Get ready Swiftkid, the Info will blow your mind lol! Love her to bits though :

Oi.. lol. I thought i kept it quite short

But if you want any more info swiftkid just let me know :)

Well done, Judith! Impressive performance, too, and great to see that it all went exactly to plan.

Tempest